If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Anyone who has a smart lock at their home will tell you that you’d have to be crazy to go on without one. It’s just so much easier to ditch your house keys and use your smartphone, a combination, or even a simple tap to unlock your front door. In fact, the smart lock I use doesn’t even have a key! That’s a bit extreme and not everyone is ready for it, which is why most smart locks let you use a regular key as a backup in case your phone dies or you forget it somewhere.
Have you been toying with the idea of getting a smart lock for your home but you’re unsure of which one you should buy? Don’t worry because we’ve got you covered. We’ve tested every top smart lock out there and picked our five favorites, and it just so happens that they’re all discounted right now at Amazon! The coolest option out there right now is the Video Smart Lock by Gate Labs, which combines a smart lock and a video doorbell into a single device that’s $30 off today with an extra battery. The best-selling August Smart Lock Pro is down to $165 from its regular price of $280, and the $200 Yale Assure Lock is down to $149. The upgraded Yale Assure SL that works with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri is $64 off today (that’s the one I use), while the $230 Kwikset Kevo Touch-to-Open Smart Lock is down to just $106 and change. All the info you need on each lock can be found down below.
Video Smart Lock by Gate Labs
- REMOTE ACCESS WITH THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON. Our easy-to-use Gate iOS/Android App lets you control access from anywhere.
- WHAT SETS US APART?: Our Gate Safe Lock is the only all-in-one Smart Lock on the market that helps prevent unauthorized access to keep your home and family safe and secure. Using our easy to follow instructions, you can install your new Gate deadbolt lock in a few minutes time–no drilling or wiring necessary.
- KEY FEATURES: Help prevent unauthorized access and keep your home and family safe. Our WiFi deadbolt boasts it all. Doorbell, Keyed Lock, Two-Way Audio, Motion Activated Live Streaming, Video Cloud Storage, Instant App Alerts, Backlit Keypad for Keyless Entry, Remote access, Unique Passcodes, Rechargeable Battery, and Entry Log all paired with our free app.
- MOTION ACTIVATED VIDEO: Gate’s motion-activated camera alerts you when someone is at your door. Have a two way conversation and/or watch real-time, high-resolution video right on your smartphone
- TRY US RISK FREE: At Gate Labs, we believe a smarter home is a safer home. Enjoy total peace of mind with our 30-day money-back guarantee.
August Smart Lock Pro + Connect Wi-Fi Bridge
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately) ; Requires 110 to 240 Volts
- Control and monitor your door from anywhere. Lock and unlock your door, control keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone
- Be sure you’re secure with Door Sense. Only August has Door Sense to tell you if your door is securely closed and locked
- Always know who is coming and going. Track activity at your doorstep with a 24/7 Activity Feed and requires iOS (9.0 or higher) or Android (5.0 or higher) smartphones
- Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt; use your existing keys at anytime
- Locks automatically behind you, and unlocks as you approach. Retrofit installation works with most standard single cylinder deadbolts
- Simple, DIY installation. Install in about 10 minutes with just a screwdriver
- Simply speak to lock your door. Tell Alexa, Siri or the Google Assistant to control your August Smart Lock Pro + Connect
- Certified Z Wave Plus home product. Works with Z Wave, the leading wireless technology for security and home control products. Works with the free August app
Yale Assure Lock
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately).
- Unlock by entering your 4-8 digit PIN code on the backlit, touchscreen keypad, with the physical key, or through your smart home app
- Works with Z-Wave smart home or alarm systems including SmartThings, Wink, Vera, Honeywell and Iris.
- Adjustable latch. Lock and check lock status with Amazon Alexa (requires compatible hub like SmartThings)
- Replaces existing deadbolt with just a screwdriver, requires a face bore hole of 2-1/8″, backset of 2-3/8″ or 2-3/4″, fits on standard doors 1 3/4″ to 2 1/4″ thick.Voice guided assistance, privacy mode, auto re-lock and more
- Product Dimensions : 4 x 3.8 x 6.8 inches
- Integrate the lock with a z-wave hub and then enable that z-wave hub skill from the Alexa app
Yale Assure Lock SL
- Replaces your existing deadbolt with a slim, key free deadbolt with touchscreen keypad no keys to lose, no cylinder to pick
- Lock, unlock, share access, customize lock settings and see who comes and goes from anywhere using the August app
- Unlocks automatically as you approach the door when you have your phone no phone enter your entry code on the backlit keypad
- Lock, unlock and check lock status with voice assistants including Alexa, Google assistant and siri
- Includes door sense, a sensor that lets you know If your door is open or closed
- Backed by Yale, the world’s favorite lock brand Since 1840 lifetime limited on finish and mechanical
- Great for vacation rental property owners Seamlessly integrates with Airbnb and Home Away for simplified check in and check outs
Kwikset Kevo Smart Lock
- Your Smartphone is now your key touch to open convenience with the 2nd generation. If you wish to perform a system reset,press and hold the Reset button on the back panel for 10 seconds until the lock beeps and the light ring flashes red
- Kevo 2nd Gen now works with Alexa voice commands (requires Kevo Plus hub, sold separately for $99 via Kevo App)
- Remote lock access & monitoring requires Kevo Plus hub, sold separately for $99 via Kevo App
- 3rd Gen Kevo App provides faster and more reliable connection. Smaller and sleeker metal interior with improved install experience.NOW get FREE ekeys! Send and manage eKey access via smartphone receive notifications and monitor lock history
- Compatible with iPhone 4S or higher and select Android 5.0 or higher devices
- Works with Fob (sold separately) or traditional key with new advanced SmartKey security
- Works with select iOS and Android devices (wider compatibility with updated Google Play Kevo app which determines full and partial compatibility) please check compatibility (below) before purchase
- Smart Home compatibility with Amazon Alexa, Ring Doorbell, Skybell, Nest Learning Thermostat, select Honeywell Thermostats, Android Wear and IFTTT
- NOTE: 1. Make sure that you have the most up to date operating system on your phone. 2. Please check the cable connection between the interior and exterior deadbolt. 3. Please confirm that you have Bluetooth on and activated on your phone and that your phone is paired with your lock
- Compatible also with Razer Phone 1
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.