Devices like the Roku Streaming Stick and Fire TV Stick are so great because they can stream all the same content that larger devices like set-top boxes can stream, but they’re far more compact. In fact, they don’t take up any space because they plug right into an open HDMI port on the back of your TV. The only annoying part is the power cable that you still need to plug into a wall outlet, but there’s a simple accessory that completely eliminates the need for the wall adapter. It’s called the UGREEN Micro USB Power Cable, and it’s on sale right now on Amazon for only $4.99. This tiny cable connects your streaming device directly to the USB port on the back of your TV for power, and it really should come in the box with every media streaming stick.
Here are some more highlights from the product page:
- Usage: Ugreen TV stick Power Cable is an ideal choice to eliminate the need for an AC power outlet to power your TV Stick. Please ensure that your TV has a mirco usb port, otherwise, you have to use a power adapter(5V,2A max) to connect this cable.
- Perfect Angle Design: The right-angle(90 degree)/left-angle (270 angle) and short cable desgin of this tv stick usb power cable keeps space tidy and clean.
- Universal Charging: This usb power cable achieves a quickest and easyest way to power tv sticks, and can also charge your any portable devices like phones, tablets, MP3 players, power banks while travel.
- Compatibility: The micro usb power cable is compatible with TV Stick, Google Chromecast, Intel Computer Stick and Roku streaming Stick and other devices with micro usb port.
- Durable Connectors: With Gold plated connectors, the power cable provides maximum conductivity, charges much faster than normal cables.Please note TV stick is not included.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.