Apple’s explanation for removing the dedicated 3.5mm headphone jack from iPhones was one word: courage. We’ll pause for a moment until the dry heaving subsides. The real reason of course is that Apple wants to make iPhones that are as thin as possible with batteries that are as big as possible, and the headphone jack is a one-purpose port that was taking up a lot of room. You’ve got a dongle that came with your iPhone to plug into the Lightning port and bring back the regular headphone jack, but we’ve got something that’s even better. Check out the Belkin RockStar 5-Jack Multi Headphone Audio Splitter, which adds not one but FIVE 3.5mm headphone jacks to your iPhone. It’s on sale right now on Amazon for under $10, so grab one while you can.
Here are the highlights from the product page:
- 5 AUX ports for attaching headphones or auxiliary cables
- Hard-wired auxiliary cable for connecting to devices
- Mixing and fade-ins controlled by standard controls of each connected device
- Works with any device with an AUX port
- Available in 6 eye-catching color schemes
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.