If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
If you enjoy hiking, climbing, skiing, or any other activity that generally takes place in a remote area, we found something you definitely need to check out. Conversely, if you go to a lot of concerts or sporting events and you’re always frustrated when network congestion prevents you from calling and texting your friends, this is also a device for you. The BEARTOOTH Smart Walkie Talkie isn’t actually a walkie talkie. Instead, it’s a little box that connects to your phone via Bluetooth, and then you can use the BEARTOOTH app to talk, text, and even share your location or navigate to someone else’s location — all without any Wi-Fi or cell service. Ready for the best part? Depending on your surroundings and the terrain, these devices have a range of between 1 and 3 miles!
Here’s some more info from the product page:
- NO CELL SERVICE OR WI-FI NEEDED: Beartooth allows users to communicate directly from Beartooth to Beartooth without cell service or Wi-Fi.
- IOS AND ANDROID COMPATIBLE: Beartooth can be used interchangeably with both iOS and Android devices, making it easy to share with friends and family. Sold in pairs, charging cables included.
- TALK, TEXT, & LOCATION SHARE: Create one-to-one or group messages, talk, text and share your location with any Beartooth contact. Download high-res offline topographic maps to easily locate all in your group.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Beartooth 3000 mAh lithium ion battery was built to last a full four-day adventure and can double as a back up battery to charge smartphones and tablets.
- EASY SET UP: Download the free Beartooth app from the iTunes or Google Play store, pair your Beartooth, and connect with friends.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.