If you’re trying to extend the life of an old computer as much as possible to avoid having to shell out cash for a new machine, there are a few things you can do to improve performance a bit. More RAM is a good start and of course you’ll want to be sure to clear out any programs and files you don’t need. You can also buy an affordable Wi-Fi AC adapter to speed up your wireless connection, and the D-Link Wireless Dual Band AC1200 Network Adapter is on sale right now on Amazon.
Some key details:
- Provides an extensible design that enables Service prioritization for data
- Design that delivers high availability, scalability, and for maximum flexibility and price/performance
- The country of Origin is China
- Backward compatible with 802.11N
- Draft IEEE 802.11ac, 802.11N, 802.11G and 802.11a compliant
- Next Generation Wi-Fi AC Technology for Superior Wireless Performance
- Dual Band Technology – 2.4GHz (up to 300Mbps) or 5GHz (up to 867Mbps)
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.