Sous vide is all the rage right now, but there’s a pretty big difference between sous vide cooking and most cooking trends: sous vide is actually pretty awesome. The process involves submerging the food you’re cooking in a water batch enclosed in an air-tight bag, and then cooking it at extremely precise temperatures for long periods of time. It’s almost impossible to mess up, and the resulting food retains all of its flavor since nothing escapes during the cooking process.
Now is the perfect time to get on board with sous vide thanks to a sweet Amazon sale that will save you money on a very cool cooker that actually connects to your iPhone or Android. Check out the Second-Generation Anova Precision Cooker.
Some highlights from the product page:
- Cook no matter where you are. Schedule a cook, let US do the rest, and come home to the best meal ever.
- Come home to the best meal ever – set your meal up in the morning and tell your app what you’re cooking your food will be ready when you get home.
- Get alerts on your phone – keep an eye on the status of your food from start to finish.
- Relax, your food’s safe with Anova – if water temperature rises above 40 before your scheduled cook time, Auto-Cook will trigger your cook to keep it safe.
- No additional equipment – adjust precision cooker WI-FI to fit any pot or tank you have
You can also save even more money by picking up last year’s model, which is just 100W less powerful but costs $40 less:
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.