If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Monitoring your temperature for a fever is still the most common way to watch out for a potential novel coronavirus infection, and Amazon’s best-selling infrared thermometer is finally back in stock.
- It’s a great way to be extra safe, but there’s another device that might be an even better indicator of a COVID-19 infection: a blood oxygen level meter.
- Also called a pulse oximeter, these devices can be crucial tools — and we have a great deal to share with you today on one of our favorite models.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
Ever since the early days of the novel coronavirus pandemic, we’ve all been told time and time again about one symptom in particular that we all need to be on the lookout for. We’re talking about a fever, of course, and temperature checks have been lauded time and time again as crucial steps to reopening the economy. As it turns out, however, a fever might not be as common a coronavirus symptom as we all thought. In fact, some studies have suggested that fewer than half of patients who are infected with COVID-19 get a fever.
This is some fairly startling news since elevated temperature is the one thing we’ve been told to be on the lookout for first and foremost. Thankfully though, there’s something else that might be an even better indicator of a novel coronavirus infection. Since the virus attacks the lungs, people who catch COVID-19 can often tell by checking their blood oxygen level. Normal blood oxygen readings are between 95% and 100% according to the Mayo clinic, but coronavirus patients have been found with readings as low as 50%. Anything under 90% is considered unhealthy.
Today, we have a great deal to share with our readers on one of the niftiest pulse oximeters we know of. It’s called the Wellue Oxygen Saturation Tracker and it’s different from most of the blood oxygen level meters you’ve seen. Whereas most of them clip to a finger to give a reading, this model is a ring that you can wear all the time for continuous readings. What’s more, it alerts you if your blood oxygen level drops too low and it even connects to an app on your iPhone or Android device.
The Wellue Oxygen Saturation Tracker is a terrific tool and it lasts for 14 hours per charge so you can wear it all day or all night. You can also just use it periodically to check your blood oxygen level since constant monitoring isn’t always necessary. This model carries a hefty retail price of $260, but an Amazon discount plus the special coupon code WSSIKXYR slash it down to an all-time low of just $125.99. Definitely take advantage of this sale while you can.Price:$125.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Here are some of the key details from the product page:
- Peace of mind on your finger, adjustable vibration feedback for low oxygen level and irregular heart rate.
- The lightest, smallest, most comfortable ring sensor for overnight continuous monitoring, durable, and adaptable to most fingers.
- Free professional APP and PC report shows the graphic sleep report and trends of blood oxygen level condition, heart rate and motion
- Rechargeable: 2 hours charging for up to 14 hours of usage. The device runs automatically when you wear it
- You will get: A 12-month Worry-Free Warranty, lifetime technical support, top-grade customer service, and fast responses within 12 hours.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.