If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Tech-savvy gadget lovers and smart home novices alike can agree on one thing: Wi-Fi smart plugs are awesome.
- These tiny little boxes are used to add Wi-Fi connectivity and smart features to traditional “dumb” devices that otherwise would not be able to be controlled by a smartphone or smart home system.
- Beyond how great smart plugs are in general, there’s another reason to take advantage of today’s great deal on Gosund Mini Smart Plugs — figuring out fun new ways to use them is a great way to help pass the time with your family while self-quarantining.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
Everyone loves smart plugs. After all, what’s not to love? If you’re a tech-savvy smart home connoisseur, Wi-Fi smart plugs allow you to connect all of your traditional “dumb” devices to whatever smart home system you might use, from Samsung’s SmartThings to Apple’s HomeKit and everything in between. If you’re an average consumer who is not terribly tech-savvy, you probably still love smart plugs because they make it wonderfully simple to control things in your home from your smartphone or with your voice.
Now, there’s another reason to stock up on some more smart plugs: Quarantine.
Because of the novel coronavirus pandemic, responsible Americans across the country are self-quarantining. This means staying at home with your family and isolating as much as possible unless you absolutely need to go out for groceries or an emergency. That means we’re all spending a lot of time in close quarters and we need things to keep us busy, so finding fun new things to do with smart plugs could be just what the doctor ordered.
You can control just about anything that plugs into the wall for power, so the possibilities are practically endless. Here’s a nifty use case I came up with: I connected my outdoor LED landscape lighting to a smart plug so that I can turn all of my outside lights in the front and back on or off from my phone. I can also set schedules that automatically adjust based on sunrise and sunset each day, and I use SmatThings to enable another cool feature: I have all my lights set to turn on automatically anytime my Arlo cameras detect motion in the middle of the night.
Gosund Mini Smart Plugs are among the more popular plugs we cover here on the site, and you can pick up a 4-pack right now for $22.07 instead of $30 if you use the coupon code PDLT9T84 at checkout. That’s just $5.52 per plug, so you really can’t go wrong.Price:$22.07 ($5.52 each) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Check out some more specifics about these top-rated plugs from Amazon’s product page:
- Control From Anywhere: With Gosund smart plug, you can control your home appliances from anywhere with your smartphone. No need to worry about walking into a dark room anymore, you can turn on the lights before you get home
- Hands-free Voice Control: Smart plugs Works with Alexa and Google Home, control your devices through voice control. Hands-free experience helps to take care of moms, kids, elders and the disabled people, be ready and try these Alexa smart plugs
- Set Timer & Schedule: Make the smart outlet to power on and off automatically, such as set lights to come on at dusk or turn off at sunrise, the countdown feature also helps you to turn on/off the appliances as you want
- User-Friendly Functions: You can create a group and scene for all your wifi outlet and control them with a single command, and we have a device sharing feature that allows you to share the control with your family
- Enjoy Fast Installation: The setup for this wifi plug is super easy, no hub required, you can connect them with your 2.4G Wi-Fi directly. Simply download the Gosund app on iOS or Android, and enjoy the convenience of smart home
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.