Look, it’s time to finally come to terms with the fact that Apple is probably never going to add microSD card support to its iPhones. The company makes a killing by charging more money for higher-capacity iPhones, so adding a microSD card slot would cost Apple billions over time. It’s just not going to happen. What you might not know, however, is that there’s a simple $22 accessory that plugs into the Lightning port on any iPhone or iPad and instantly adds microSDXC support for cards up to 256GB. Dump your photos and videos off your iPhone, play music off the card, or pull a card out of your digital camera and view your images right on your iPhone. All it takes is the Lexar microSD To Lightning Reader.
Some product highlights from Amazon:
- Easily offload and transfer content to or from your iPhone or iPad with a micro SD card
- Great for anyone capturing photos or video with a sports camcorder or aerial camera
- Small, portable design with a Lightning connector
- Works with use of free file management app (App Store)
- Automatically and securely sync files
Have an Android phone with no microSD slot? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered as well:
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.