Some companies are just now starting to lean into ad-supported content, but Roku has been offering free shows and movies for years. The Roku Channel has been around since 2017 and has a massive library containing tens of thousands of free shows and movies. It also features a number of live channels, with more being added all the time.
This month features one of The Roku Channel’s biggest infusions of live channels to date. A whopping 36 linear channels debuted on the service this week, including two AMC channels, a PGA Tour channel, and a Great British Baking Show channel.
The Roku Channel adds 36 new linear channels
Here are descriptions of the 36 new live channels now available on The Roku Channel:
- About K-Content by CJ ENM: Meet the best K-content channel from Asia’s #1 entertainment company.
- All Real: From Banijay Rights, this U.S. reality-based channel is set to feature several nostalgic hit U.S. reality shows from the noughties.
- All Reality WEtv: Real moments. Real stories. Real drama. If you love reality, you need All Reality WEtv!
- All Weddings WEtv: Brides. Bling. Drama! If you love weddings, then say “I do” to All Weddings WEtv.
- AMC Showcase: The dramas you know. The stories you’ll love. All AMC all the time.
- AMC Thrillers: Get your adrenaline pumping with heart-pounding action that will have you on the edge of your seat.
- At Home with Family Handyman: Hands-on inspiration for making your house a home.
- Emeril Lagasse Channel: Award-winning celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse shares his culinary prowess and signature New Orlean” style on The Emeril Lagasse Channel: a one-of-a-kind foodie fan-experience. BAM!
- Fear Factor: From Banijay Rights, Fear Factor is a true test of stamina and guile for those willing to put their body on the line for $50,000.
- FilmRise Food: Satisfy your appetite for cooking competitions with hit series Hell’s Kitchen and Iron Chef during every meal of the day.
- FITE 24/7: Sports and entertainment. It’s FITE 24/7, and it’s here all day every day.
- Gardening with Monty Don: Gardening with Monty Don is the home of the U.K.’s favorite gardener, author, and broadcaster, Monty Don.
- Great American Adventures: Great American Adventures features more than 500 hours of scripted and unscripted content that highlights southern cooking, DIY, and all things Americana.
- Great British Baking Show: A talented batch of amateur bakers face off in a 10-week competition, in hopes of being named the U.K.’s best.
- HBCU-Go Sports: A cultural lifestyle destination and leading sports media provider for the nation’s 105 Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) across all sports, including football, basketball, volleyball, and Olympic sports. HBCU-Go embraces and represents the voice of Black excellence every day of the year, offering viewers the best in live sports, original series, documentaries, films, and comedy.
- HSN: HSN offers a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names and incorporates entertainment, personalities and industry experts to provide a unique shopping experience.
- IFC Films Picks: Star-studded stories. Groundbreaking documentaries. The best independent films from IFC Films and IFC Midnight.
- Jamie Oliver: Global cooking sensation, Jamie Oliver, is cooking up his own 24/7 channel, bringing his simple, quick and no-fuss recipes to an entirely new audience that will inspire and excite a new generation of amateur home cooks.
- Like Nastya: Like Nastya is a popular show for kids to enjoy activities like singing, dancing, drawing, playing games, and learning.
- Martha Stewart Channel: The Martha Stewart Channel brings you Martha’s trusted guidance on elevating everyday living, with a wealth of useful “how-to” information on everything from home décor to gardening and entertaining!
- PBS Antiques Roadshow: Heirlooms and flea market finds 24/7 with Antiques Roadshow episodes from the vault!
- Perfect Game TV: Perfect Game TV is the world’s leading amateur baseball and softball platform featuring the game’s most talented players including an alumni roster of over 1,846 MLB players and 13,889 MLB Draft Selections.
- PGA TOUR: The PGA TOUR Channel features the best highlights, round recaps, replays, player interviews, original features, and player profiles from the PGA TOUR.
- Places & Spaces: There’s no place like home, and no channel embraces the interiors, exteriors, and everything in between quite like this. We’re the heart of home.
- QVC: QVC offers an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products and connects shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award-winning customer service.
- Slightly Off by IFC: From Portlandia to Brockmire, we know Slightly Off, and we know you’ll love it as much as we do.
- Sony KAL Hindi: Sony KAL Hindi features the most iconic, celebrated, and award-winning drama and comedy television series from India.
- Stories by AMC: Dive into the bold and inventive AMC shows you’ve come to love with Stories by AMC.
- Telemundo California (West): Las noticias de última hora, temas locales, y el tiempo en California.
- Telemundo Florida: Las noticias de última hora, temas locales, y el tiempo en Florida.
- Telemundo Noreste: Las noticias de última hora, temas locales, y el tiempo en el Noreste.
- Telemundo Texas: Las noticias de última hora, temas locales, y el tiempo en Texas.
- The Biggest Loser: From Banijay Rights, the contestants move to the Biggest Loser ranch to begin a journey to reverse the effects of unhealthy living.
- The Block: The Roku Channel’s premier destination for Black movies and entertainment. Enjoy authentic stories that inspire and celebrate Black culture.
- The Walking Dead Universe: Join Daryl, the Clarks, and others from the world of The Walking Dead. Enjoy cast interviews, BTS moments, and more!
- TheGRIO: A television network bringing viewers award-winning television shows, movies, sports, news, documentaries, and specials focusing on the African American audience.
If you are looking for even more to watch on Roku, we have got you covered. Roku added 27 on-demand movies to The Roku Channel in November, including Office Space and Wall Street. Best of all, they’re streaming free, as long as you don’t mind ads. Plus, Roku is expanding products while laying off employees. See our review of the Roku Indoor Camera SE.
More Roku coverage: For even more Roku news, visit our Roku guide.