If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Amazon’s massive Prime Day 2016 sales event is in full swing right now, offering killer deals on anything and everything you can think of. We’re doing our best to point out some particularly solid bargains for you today, and we have to be perfectly honest: it’s costing us a pretty penny to keep you guys informed. We keep coming across awesome things we need while digging through all thousands of bargains, and some of these deals are too good even for us to pass up.
Here’s a perfect example: If you’re looking for the perfect place to start when transforming your dumb home into a connected smart home, Amazon’s Prime Day deal on the Samsung SmartThings Hub and Leviton Plug-in Outlet Bundle is the best smart home deal of the day.
Seriously, think about it: when you begin to put the smart home of your dreams together, what are the first two things you want to do? One is find a simple but incredibly versatile smart home hub, and the second is, you know, actually controlling something with said hub. This deal kills both birds with one stone.
Here are some key details:
- Monitor your home from anywhere. Power: In-wall power adapter with about 10 hours of backup power from 4 AA batteries (included) Communication Protocol: ZigBee, Z-Wave, IP. Range: 50-130 feet Operating Temperature: 41 to 95°F
- Control your home from the palm of your hand
- Requires an Internet-connected router with an available Ethernet port Requires the free SmartThings app for iOS (8.1 or later), Android (4.0 or later), or Windows Phone (8.1 or later)
- Outlet is scene capable, 5A LED/CFL, 15A Incandescent, Low Voltage
The Samsung SmartThings Hub and Leviton Plug-in Outlet Bundle is on sale today only for $86.97, which of course includes free Prime shipping.
Bonus deal: Saving big on the Philips 456210 Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 Bulb Starter Kit, which works with Amazon Alexa and with the SmartThings hub.
As the name of this big shopping event might suggest, you’ll need a Prime subscription to enjoy any of these deals. If you don’t already have a Prime subscription, you can sign up for a free 30-day Amazon Prime trial right now and enjoy all the huge Prime Day deals coming today. Make sure you don’t miss anything by following along in our Prime Day 2016 hub.
- 1 Amazon eGift Card
- 2 Kasa Smart Plug HS103P4, Smart Home Wi-Fi Outlet Works with Alexa, Echo, Google Home & IFTTT, N…
- 3 iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets…
- 4 iRobot Roomba i3+ (3550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal Disposal - Empties Itself, W…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.