If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
If you’re only using Alexa on your Amazon Echo or other compatible speakers to answer random questions and check on the status of your Amazon orders, you are totally missing out. Alexa is also compatible with a wide range of smart home devices, which means you can control all the gadgets and gizmos in your house with nothing but your voice. Check out the D-Link DSP-W215 Wi-Fi Smart Plug + Energy Monitoring Outlet, which lets you control anything that needs to be plugged into the wall using Alexa as well as any iPhone or Android device.
Some key details:
- Turn devices on or off from your smartphone or tablet from anywhere and monitor energy use to save money on your next bill
- Create on/off schedules for your devices
- Easy setup. Designed to work with existing Wi-Fi networks (no additional hub required)
- Use with other mydlink Home devices and the free mydlink Home app to create a smarter, more secure and more aware home
- Works with any smartphone or tablet running Android 4.1 or higher or iOS 7.0 and higher
- Electrical rating of 120V/15A/60Hz/1800W (for indoor use)
- Compatible with Amazon Echo (sold separately) for hands-free voice control
- IFTTT compatible – Pair with any IFTTT enabled product or app to connect your Wi-Fi Smart Plug to the world in fun and useful ways
The D-Link DSP-W215 Wi-Fi Smart Plug + Energy Monitoring Outlet can cost as much as $42, but this week it’s on sale on Amazon for just $29.99.D-Link Smart Plug, Energy Monitoring, On/Off, DSP-W215, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant Price:$39.98 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.