If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Manycoronavirus symptoms are obvious, such as difficulty breathing, a fever, or the sudden losses of taste and smell — but one key symptom is sometimes impossible to detect on your own.
- In asymptomatic or presymptomatic coronavirus cases, people often have low blood oxygen saturation without even realizing it.
- Pulse oximeters, also known as blood oxygen monitors, are simple devices that can read a person’s blood oxygen saturation in just a few seconds.
- The Wellue Oxygen Saturation Tracker Ring and Wellue Fingertip Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor are two popular options that are both on sale at all-time low prices today.
Ever since the early days of the novel coronavirus pandemic, we’ve all been told over and over again that there is one symptom in particular that we need to be on the lookout for: a fever. Some places are even doing mandatory temperature checks now that economies have reopened. As it turns out, however, a fever might not be as common a coronavirus symptom as we all thought. As a matter of fact, some studies have suggested that only around half of patients who are infected with COVID-19 get a fever.
It’s certainly startling news in light of how certain experts seemed to be that fevers and COVID-19 went hand in hand. The good news is that there’s something else that might be an even better indicator of a novel coronavirus infection. Since the virus attacks the lungs, people who catch COVID-19 can often tell by checking their blood oxygen saturation. Normal blood oxygen readings are between 95% and 100% according to the Mayo Clinic, but coronavirus patients have been found with readings as low as 50%. The Mayo Clinic says that anything under 90% is considered unhealthy, and even coronavirus patients who are presymptomatic or asymptomatic often have dangerously low blood oxygen levels. That’s what makes it such a good indicator of a possible COVID-19 infection.
We have a fantastic deal to share with BGR Deals readers today on one of the niftiest pulse oximeters we’ve ever tested. It’s called the Wellue Oxygen Saturation Tracker Ring and it’s different from most of the blood oxygen level meters you’ve seen. Whereas most of them clip to a finger to give a reading, this model is a ring that you can wear all the time for continuous readings. What’s more, it alerts you if your blood oxygen level drops too low and it even connects to an app on your iPhone or Android device.
The Wellue Oxygen Saturation Tracker Ring is a terrific tool and it lasts for 14 hours per charge so you can wear it all day or all night. You can also just use it periodically to check your blood oxygen level since constant monitoring isn’t always necessary. This model had a hefty retail price of $260 when it launched earlier this year, but now it retails for $180. Check out with the coupon code 7IR22KZ6, however, and you’ll pay an all-time low price of just $116.99.
If that model is a bit too pricey for you even on sale, we totally understand and we have another great discounted option for you to check out. The same company makes a top-rated fingertip blood oxygen saturation monitor that normally sells for $50, but the coupon code N6RW2HB6 slashes that price down to just $22.99. That’s also a new all-time low price!
Wellue Pulse Oximeter Fingertip Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with Batteries & Lanyard for We… List Price:$39.99 Price:$22.99 You Save:$17.00 (43%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
- 1 FDA-authorized Powecom KN95 masks certified by NIOSH to work even better than 3M N95 masks are discounted for Black Friday!
- 2 AccuMed Face Mask, Protective Face Mask (10 Count)
- 3 PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer, Refreshing Gel, Clean Scent, 8 fl oz Sanitizer Table Top Pump B…
- 4 PURELL 902210BX Sanitizing Hand Wipes, 5 x 7, 100/Box
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.