Home automation and security start at your front door. There is no single connected device more obvious and necessary than a smart lock because it makes your life so much easier. No more fumbling with keys because your smartphone controls the lock. And no more worrying about giving a guest or repair man access to your home because you can give them temporary access from their smartphone, or you can even open your door remotely from anywhere in the world as long as your smart lock connects to the internet.
The problem with smart locks these days is that there are so many to choose from, but we have a clear favorite that rises above the rest: The August Smart Lock Keyless Home Entry System.
Here are some key details:
- Secure – Safe, keyless access to your home with iOS and Android smartphones
- Easy DIY Retrofit Install, – Replace the interior of your existing deadbolt; outside is unchanged
- Total Control – You control who has access to your home and manage how long their access lasts
- Always On – Powered by batteries means it’s always on, even if your power, Wi-Fi, or cable go down
- Kindly refer the installation videos, August Smart Lock works with the free August app to create keys, grant access, view the activity log, and more, available for Android and iOS.
All of the standard features are great, of course, but there are two things in particular that make this lock our favorite. First, it’s absolutely gorgeous — especially compared to most of the other stuff out there. And second, you actually never have to take your phone out of your pocket to use it if you don’t want to. The lock can be set to lock itself automatically behind you as you leave the house, and then a proximity-unlock feature unlocks August when you return home and approach the door.
The August Smart Lock Keyless Home Entry System starts at $165 on Amazon depending on the color you want. There’s also a version that works with Apple’s HomeKit platform for $228. Finally, the $80 August Connect add-on lets your lock connect to the internet so you can operate it remotely.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.