Click to Skip Ad
Closing in...
  1. MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener
    11:06 Deals

    Unreal Prime Day deal gets you a MyQ smart garage opener and a $40 Amazon credit for $17

  2. Prime Day Deals
    09:47 Deals

    Did someone forget to end these 15 epic Prime Day deals?

  3. Prime Day 2021 Deals
    10:22 Deals

    Amazon just revealed its official list of Prime Day 2021 best-sellers

  4. MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener
    08:37 Deals

    Oops! Prime Day’s best-selling smart home gadget is still down to $17

  5. Amazon Dash Smart Shelf
    15:16 Deals

    I’m obsessed with this Amazon gadget you’ve never heard of – and it&#821…




environment

Home Construction Materials

Researchers have developed mushroom bricks and windows made of transparent wood

February 3rd, 2021

Researchers looking to craft construction materials that are more environment-friendly have come up with bricks made of mushrooms and windows built with transparent wood. The mushroom bricks are light, sturdy, and great insulators, according to a simple experiment. Separately, researchers from the University of Maryland came up with a new process to make transparent wood …

wind turbine birds

Birds may not have to fear wind turbines for much longer

August 26th, 2020

Scientists have determined that by painting one blade of a wind turbine black it can dramatically reduce the number of bird deaths from turbine impacts. Turbines with a single black blade are over 70% less likely to kill birds, based on a controlled study over three years. Additional research is needed to confirm the results. …

microplastics

There might be plastics inside you right now

August 18th, 2020

Researchers have found evidence of microplastics in human body tissue for the first time. Using a new technique, scientists sampled 47 pieces of organ tissue from human donors and found microplastics present in every single sample. The researchers hope to draw links between diets, jobs, and locations in order to see who is most at …

england beavers

Beavers just won government protection they didn’t know they needed

August 7th, 2020

Beavers that were mysteriously reintroduced in England have now won government protection and a legal “right to remain.” Beavers were once native to England but were hunted to extinction hundreds of years ago. The animals popped back up in 2013, and a new study proved they are good for the environment. Over a dozen families …

Carbon Neutral Apple

Apple details ambitious plan to go 100% carbon neutral by 2030

July 21st, 2020

Apple today said it plans to go completely carbon neutral by 2030. Over the next 10 years, Apple plans to reduce its emissions by 75% and develop solutions to account for the remaining 25% of its carbon footprint. Apple earlier today announced its plan to become completely carbon neutral by 2030. While the company is …

plastic rain

Tiny bits of plastic are now falling from the skies

June 15th, 2020

Scientists have found that plastics are invading protected regions of the United States in ways never before known. Tiny bits of plastics are raining down from the skies and floating freely in the air, with over 1,000 metric tons of the material being deposited into protected areas of the western US every year. These protected …

plastic alternatives

These plant-based bottles could mean the end of plastic waste

May 21st, 2020

A new plastic alternative made of plant sugars could replace traditional bottles while being more environmentally-friendly. The bottles, which were developed by a company called Avantium and are strong enough to hold carbonated liquids, can degrade in as little as one year.  In comparison, traditional plastics can last for decades even under the harshest environmental …

science news

Pesticides are messing with the brains of baby bees

March 4th, 2020

In case you hadn’t already heard: Bee populations are being devastated on a global scale due to the use of pesticides and other agricultural chemicals. This is bad news for a variety of reasons, but at the top of the list is the fact that many bees are vital pollinators that allow plants to reproduce. …