Amazon supports multiple languages and designates a language based on users’ geo-location, browser settings, and account settings. While this system mostly works, it isn’t perfect. Hence why Amazon allows users to change the default language to their preferred one.
Read: Our article on Best Prime Day deals under $100
How to change the language on the Amazon desktop website
- Launch a web browser on your PC or Mac and open the Amazon website. You can open any region-specific site.
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- At the top of the page, hover your mouse on the flag icon next to the search bar. This displays a language drop-down menu.
- Choose your preferred language. The languages available might be limited based on what region you’re in.
You can also click the flag icon to go to the language settings page. Choose your preferred language from the list. Scroll down and click on ‘Save changes’ or its equivalent in your current display language.
How to change your Amazon region
You can change your region if the language you want is unavailable. To do so, take the following steps:
- Click on Change country/region in the language drop-down menu.
- From the Select your preferred country/region website drop-down menu, choose a different country.
- Click the Go to website button
A new tab will open up in the default regional language or allow you to pick from the available regional languages.
How to change the language on Amazon mobile website
If you’re accessing the website on a mobile device, take the following steps to change to a different language:
- Scroll to the bottom of the Amazon homepage and tap the globe icon.
- Change the language to your preference.
- Click on Save changes. Amazon will send you an email to confirm the update in language preferences.
How to change the language on the Amazon mobile app
- Open the Amazon mobile app on your iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
- Click on the three horizontal lines icon at the bottom of the page.
- Tap Settings.
- From the Settings menu, select Country & Language.
- This will display a list of region-specific Amazon sites alongside their regional languages.
- Choose the language and region you want from the list.
How to change the language on Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video is available in 26 languages. However, Arabic and Hebrew are only supported on the PC and laptop interfaces. When you register for an account, a default language is assigned based on your geo location. This remains the same even when you change locations afterward.
You can easily change language settings in Amazon Prime Video on most devices. You can also change the subtitle and audio track language, if available.
How to change the language on Amazon Prime Video on a PC
- Visit primevideo.com/settings/ in your web browser and sign in to your Amazon account if prompted.
- Click on the language tab at the top of the screen.
- Choose your preferred language and tap Save.
How to change the language on the Amazon Prime Video app
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app
- Tap My Stuff at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Select the gear icon at the top right corner of the page
- Click Language.
- Choose a new language.
- Tap on Yes to refresh the app.
The display language of the app and the audio of any videos you watch will be whatever you’ve chosen.
How to change the language on Amazon Prime Video while watching a video
- Start playing a video of your choice.
- Select Subtitles and Audio.
- Choose your language of choice.
The video will begin playing in the selected language.
Why is Amazon in Spanish?
You might have clicked on a foreign link. A foreign link is a link to an Amazon region-specific site. So if you click on an Amazon Spain link, your language preference can automatically be changed to Spanish.
Amazon’s display can also change to Spanish if you access the site through links on a third-party website. The three possible reasons for this are:
The default location of the third-party website or search engine is a Spanish-speaking country.
The default language for the third-party website or search engine is Spanish.
The Amazon marketplace website, where the product vendor is registered to sell, has Spanish as its default language.
How do I change the language on the Amazon app?
Open the Amazon app, and click on the three horizontal dots at the bottom right of your screen. Tap Settings, and from the settings menu, choose Country & Language and select your preferred language.
How do I change the country on Amazon on my iPhone?
Open the Amazon app, and click on the three horizontal dots at the bottom right of your screen. Tap Settings, and from the settings menu, choose Country & Language. Select your preferred language.
How do I change my Amazon Prime back to English?
Play any video and select Subtitles and Audio at the top right corner of the page. Choose your preferred language, and continue watching your video.
How do I change the language on the Amazon homepage?
Open the Amazon site in your browser. Hover on the flag icon, choose your preferred language and click on Save. This will become the default for browsing and shopping when you log in to your Amazon account.
Where are country settings in Amazon?
On the Amazon homepage, next to the search bar, you will see a flag icon. Hover your mouse over this icon to reveal a drop-down menu. At the bottom of the menu, you will see ‘Change country/region’. Click on this link to access the country settings.
Can you change the language on Amazon Prime movies?
Yes, you can. Play any video and select Subtitles and Audio at the top right corner of the page. Choose your preferred language, and continue watching your video.