The recently released fourth-gen Apple TV may very well become a sleeper hit for Apple this holiday shopping season. Though the device isn’t being backed by a big marketing campaign (not yet at least), the device has received favorable reviews and represents Apple’s most compelling effort to transform its tried and true hobby into a more important and lucrative part of its product lineup.
With most people set to receive the latest and greatest Apple TV sometime this week, it’s as good a time as any to run through some of the more essential tips and tricks new Apple TV owners should be aware of.
Over the weekend, MacRumors compiled a list of some of the more interesting Apple TV shortcuts and functions that should help users get the most out of their new device.
While some are quite obvious (i.e the home button will take you back to the main screen from anywhere), there are a few interesting tidbits worth highlighting.
A few of the more helpful tips include:
-Press the Home button twice quickly to bring up the App Switcher, which displays all apps open. Swipe up on the Siri Remote’s touch surface to force close an app.
– Hold down the Home button to place the Apple TV in Sleep mode.
– Press the Menu button once to go back.
– Press the Menu button twice quickly from the Home screen to start the screensaver.
– Press and hold the Menu and Home buttons simultaneously to restart the Apple TV.
– Apple TV network strength is displayed in Settings under General > About.
– The new Apple TV can also learn universal remotes in Settings under Remotes and Devices > Learn Remote. Follow the on-screen instructions.
– Press the Play/Pause button once to change the keyboard between uppercase and lowercase.
– Press the Siri button once and wait to view a list of commands you can ask Siri.
We’ll definitely keep you posted once more tips for using the latest Apple TV start rolling in. In the meantime, make sure to check out the full list of tips and tricks via the source link below.