Do you think you could wake up in the morning if you didn’t have your precious coffee to help you out? It turns out that it’s entirely possible to wake up without any coffee, however, and a new video from the team at AsapSCIENCE shows us how to do it.
In short, here are their seven tips for waking up without coffee:
- Make sure to expose yourself to plenty of natural light in the morning so your body produces less melatonin
- Take a hot shower… but end it with cold water to increase your metabolic rate
- Drink lots of water to rehydrate yourself
- Eat breakfasts that are high in fiber and carbohydrates, but lower in sugars and fats
- Orange juice and other citrus juices are also good to drink in the morning
- Do something physically active in the morning to increase blood flow
- Listen to music to increase blood pressure and make your pupils dilate
All told, these seem like commonsense suggestions that are nonetheless pretty painless ways to wake up… although we don’t like the thought of any cold shower at any time in the morning.
To get a more detailed analysis, check out the full video below.