OK, so maybe the Apple (AAPL) v. Samsung (005930) patent trial verdict is going to lead to progress in patent negotiations after all. FOSS Patents reports that Google (GOOG)-owned Motorola Mobility has agreed to license some of its standards-essential patents to Apple, although there’s no indication just yet of when this deal will take effect since the royalty rate Motorola will received from Apple has yet to be set by German courts. While there is no conclusion to the ongoing tech patent war in sight, moves such as this could certainly be an olive branch that marks the beginning of the end.
- These early Prime Day deals have prices so low, it’s like Amazon made a mistake
- Southwest Airlines cancels hundreds of flights for the third day in a row
- Google just added Apple’s best iMessage feature to Android’s messaging app
- Gmail just got a massive upgrade that might impact everything you do online
- Amazon has 10 new early Prime Day deals you need to see to believe