DigiTimes is reporting that orders for CDMA iPhone 4 units assembled by Pegatron have been cut in half — with only 5 million devices being manufactured in the initial 2011 order, down from 10 million units. Pegatron just this week reported a net loss of $19 million for the first quarter of 2011, which is a historical low. Over 3 million CDMA iPhone 4 handsets have been manufactured and shipped, and it looks like Apple is comfortable with selling around 1 million CDMA iPhones a quarter — until the much-rumored dual CDMA/GSM iPhone 5 is available in September.
Jonathan Geller is the founder of Boy Genius Report, now known as BGR, and one of the biggest tech & mobile destinations in the world.
BGR was acquired by leading digital media company PMC in April 2010 and Jonathan is President and Editor-in-chief of BGR Media, LLC. Jonathan was named to Forbes' coveted 30 under 30 list in 2016, and frequently appears as a commentator on news channels such as CNBC, Fox News, ABC News and Bloomberg.
- Thieves can use AirTags to track and steal your car from your driveway
- Actual 3D-printed steaks are now being served in restaurants – here’s where
- Scientists found a bizarre underwater world and the video is mesmerizing
- Serious recall issued for 19 delicious desserts – throw them out now
- New frozen veggie recall issued because people are breaking their teeth – see if you have any