The Nest Cam Indoor is great. It has all the basic features you want in a wireless home security camera without all the bells and whistles you don’t need. There’s only one problem: it costs $200 for a single camera. That’s just insane, especially when you can find cameras that are just as good for way less. Check out the Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera, which is just $26 with free Prime shipping on Amazon. It has the same 1080p resolution and all the same features, but you can buy seven of them for less than the cost of one Nest Cam!
Here’s some additional info from the product page:
- Works with Alexa: Ask Alexa to show your front door, kid’s room, or anywhere else you have your Wyze Cam , Smart Sound Recognition – Wyze Cam recognizes the unique sounds of smoke alarms and CO monitors and alerts you to these specific emergencies
- 1080p full HD live stream direct to your smartphone day or night with night vision (up to 30 feet away). Works with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi)
- Motion Tagging technology detects and outlines motion in both live stream and playback video modes. Operating system supports ios 8.0 and android 5.0 or later.
- Motion and sound detection with free rolling 14-day cloud storage. Use the Wyze App (iOS and Android) to manage and share multiple cameras. Add a microSD card (up to 32GB max size) for local storage.
- Magnetic base, 6-foot power cable and included adhesive metal plate let you mount your Wyze Cam anywhere – no screws required.Image Sensor Type: CMOS Sensor