If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Want a high-quality wireless speaker that supports Apple’s new AirPlay 2 streaming standard? Don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for the HomePod? Well there’s another option that’s far more affordable than Apple’s $349 smart speaker, and many would argue it’s a much better option since it’s one of a wide range of speakers that all play together nicely. We’re talking about Sonos, of course, and the Sonos One Smart Speaker offers full support for Apple’s new AirPlay 2 that was rolled out on Tuesday along with the iOS 11.4 release. At $199, the Sonos One is $150 less expensive than Apple’s HomePod. You can also get a pair of Sonos One speakers at a discount on Amazon and save even more money. Best of all, the Sonos One gives you access to Alexa, while the HomePod speaker is stuck with Siri.
Here’s some more info from the product page:
- Start and control your music with your voice. Amazon Alexa built right in
- Play songs, check news and traffic, control your smart home and enjoy all those other helpful Amazon Alexa skills using a single Sonos speaker
- Ask Alexa to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn and SiriusXM. Listen to hundreds of other streaming services with the Sonos app
- Connect wirelessly with other Sonos Home Sound System speakers to play music in any or every room
- Enjoy surprisingly rich, room-filling sound from a smart speaker
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.