If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission. Learn more.
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Nest Cams are great, but they’re insanely overpriced. If you want a camera that’ll give you all the same features at a tiny fraction of the price, definitely check out the Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera. It offers the same 1080p resolution and the same basic features as the Nest Cam Indoor, but you’ll pay $26 per camera instead of $200. Plus you get twice as much cloud storage for free — an industry-leading 14 days!
Here’s some additional info from the product page:
- Works with Alexa: Ask Alexa to show your front door, kid’s room, or anywhere else you have your Wyze Cam , Smart Sound Recognition – Wyze Cam recognizes the unique sounds of smoke alarms and CO monitors and alerts you to these specific emergencies
- 1080p full HD live stream direct to your smartphone day or night with night vision (up to 30 feet away). Works with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi)
- Motion Tagging technology detects and outlines motion in both live stream and playback video modes. Operating system supports ios 8.0 and android 5.0 or later.
- Motion and sound detection with free rolling 14-day cloud storage. Use the Wyze App (iOS and Android) to manage and share multiple cameras. Add a microSD card (up to 32GB max size) for local storage.
- Magnetic base, 6-foot power cable and included adhesive metal plate let you mount your Wyze Cam anywhere – no screws required.Image Sensor Type: CMOS Sensor