Because the Nest Cam IQ is so insanely expensive at $300, we don’t recommend it to anyone. It’s a real shame, too, because it has some truly impressive features. Luckily, there’s another home security camera out there that does something similar to the Nest Cam’s IQ’s marquee feature, and it costs a fraction of the price. The Tend Insights Lynx Indoor Cam 2 does everything you would expect from a security cam, but it also has facial recognition! This way it can see if the person in your house belongs there and send custom notifications based on your settings. It’s very cool and it’s on sale for just $49.99.
Here’s what you need to know from the Amazon page:
- Easy setup – quick and easy Bluetooth setup within minutes to begin secure monitoring
- Facial recognition – intelligent facial recognition software lets you choose who your camera recognizes, get a check-in notification with familiar faces
- Network Connectivity – stronger network Connectivity to ensure Ease of use for all family members
- Free cloud storage – backup and review videos with our cloud storage, included with your purchase. It’s free, so you can always see what’s happened for the previous 7 days
- Motion detection & instant alerts – get immediate notifications on your mobile device for events triggered by motion detection
- Built-in support for 802.11b/g/n 2.4Ghz Wifi band (5Ghz currently not supported, please confirm that your router supports 2.4Ghz Wifi Band). Access your camera with the Tend Secure App on your mobile device anytime, anywhere
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.