Apple (AAPL) is reportedly hard at work finding ways to finally dump Samsung once and for all as the companies’ rivalry continues to escalate. According to a new report from the Far East, it looks like the first in a series of moves away from Samsung (005930) components is now being made. Digitimes on Thursday reported that TSMC is expected to “tape out” Apple’s upcoming A7 chipset this month using a 20nm process. Risk production will reportedly follow in May or June, and the chipset is expected to appear in commercial products starting next year.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- We might know who the final ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ villain is
- Read this now if iOS 15 ruined your iPhone’s battery life
- Kodak’s amazing new portable projector just got its first Amazon discount
- The chilling new Netflix horror series everyone’s been waiting for is finally here
- If you take this popular prescription medicine, stop immediately and read this