If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Many smart home gadgets focus on convenience features, but there’s one device you need that actually helps keep you safe.
- It’s called the Airthings Wave Plus and it monitors the air in your home to alert you automatically of things like radon and other airborne toxins.
- The mid-range Airthings Wave has an even deeper discount right now at Amazon, and the new Airthings Wave Mini that also detects mold is available for just $79.65.
When you think of smart home devices, the first things that come to mind are undoubtedly neat gadgets that focus on convenience features. Philips Hue smart LED light bulbs are undoubtedly at the top of most people’s lists, as are all the smart devices out there that work with Amazon Alexa. Another cool one is the MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener, which lets you open and close your garage door from anywhere in the world using your iPhone or Android.
Those are all great gadgets that you should definitely check out, but there’s a relatively new type of smart home device that’s about more than just convenience. Instead, the Airthings Wave Plus and other Airthings devices are there to help keep your family safe.
The high-end Airthings Wave Plus is an air-quality monitor that senses things like radon, elevated CO2 levels, and airborne toxins (Total VOCs). It connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth and gives you instant readings as well as reports. Audible alerts warn you of problems with the air quality in your home, of course, so you don’t need to worry about connecting your phone in order to check for problems. This model typically costs $230, but you’ll find it on sale right now on Amazon for $197.50.
An even deeper discount can be found on the 2nd-Gen Airthings Wave, which includes much of the same functionality but doesn’t cover Total VOCs, CO2 levels, or air pressure. This model normally sells for $200, but Amazon has a big $47 discount right now if you hurry.
Airthings 2950 Wave Radon - Smart Radon Detector with Humidity & Temperature Sensor – Easy-to… List Price:$170.99 Price:$152.85 You Save:$18.14 (11%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Last but not least is our favorite Airthings device that we tested, the Airthings Wave Mini. Apart from being more compact and more affordable than the other two models, the Airthings Wave Mini has what we believe to be the best mix of features — plus one crucial feature that neither of the other two models has. In addition to detecting temperature, humidity, and Total VOCs, the Mini model also warns of mold risk, a feature that countless people will find useful. If you already have a radon detector or a radon mitigation system, or if you’re in an area where radon isn’t an issue, this is definitely the model to choose.
- 1 Amazon eGift Card
- 2 Smart plug, Gosund Mini Wifi Outlet Works with Alexa, Google Home, No Hub Required, Remote Cont…
- 3 Queen Mattress Pad Cover Cooling Mattress Topper Pillow Top with Down Alternative Fill (8-21”…
- 4 Ultrean Air Fryer, 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Hot Air Fryers Oven Oilless Cooker with LCD Dig…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.