Once upon a time, opening a bottle of wine was a chore. First you had to dig up your foil cutter or slice the foil open with a knife, and then you had to wrestle with a janky metal cork screw. Sometimes you’d get lucky and the cork would reluctantly come out after minimal struggle. Other times you wouldn’t be so lucky and you’d rip the center of the cork right out. Thankfully, those days are long gone and modern wine openers make it easy to uncork a bottle in a matter of seconds.
Our top pick
If you want the best of the best, there’s really only one choice: the Cork Pops Legacy Wine Bottle Opener. This brilliant opener has a built-in foil cutter that works with a single twist. Then just sink the needle into the cork and depress the button on top for about one second. A burst of tasteless, odorless CO2 gas will force the cork up out of the bottle and onto the needle. Then just twist the two halves of the opener to remove the cork from the needle. It’s like magic!
Best simple opener
Gas-powered wine openers like the Cork Pops model are fantastic, but there’s another type of opener that uses the same concept and yet it’s even simpler. With no need for gas cartridges or any other parts to replace, the Wine Ziz Air Pressure Pump Wine Bottle Opener can still open a bottle almost as quickly as a gas opener. The difference is this opener lets you manually pump air into the bottle to force out the cork, rather than just shooting in gas with the touch of a button. It still works just as well though, and it’ll save you some money since you’ll never need to buy new gas cartridges.
Best electric opener
Despite how easy gas and air pump openers are, there are plenty of people out there who prefer the one-touch convenience of an electric opener. If you fit that description, the Oster Cordless Electric Wine Bottle Opener is definitely our top pick. This electric bottle opener works perfectly every time, and it features sturdy construction that will last for years and years. One charge is enough to open more than 30 bottles, but it also has a nifty dock that lets you charge it anytime it’s not in use.
- Monopol Westmark Steel Two-Prong Cork Puller. This high-quality opener is like nothing your guests have ever seen before, and it’ll definitely start plenty of conversations.
- Secura Elite Wine Lovers Gift Set. Secura Elite’s popular set comes with an electric wine bottle opener, a foil cutter, two stoppers, a wine saver pump, and an aerator.
- Professional Waiter’s Corkscrew by HiCoup. This stainless steel folding opener has a cork screw, foil cutter and bottle opener.
- OXO SteeL Vertical Lever Corkscrew. Using this sleek level opener is as simple as squeezing the base, pushing the lever down, and then pulling it back up.
- Wing Corkscrew Wine Opener by HQY. Some people just want a good old-fashioned cork screw, and this is the best of the bunch.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.