Sound bars are a great option if you want to upgrade the audio on a TV without spending much money or putting in much effort. If you’re setting up your main TV in a living room or home theater though, you definitely need to step things up with a real surround sound system. What you might not realize is that you don’t have to spend a ton of money to get a very good surround sound system. In fact, the best-selling system on Amazon is about two-fifths the price of one Sonos PlayBar sound bar. Check out the Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System, which is on sale right now on Amazon for just $263 and change. It’s a 500 watt continuous system with peak output of a whopping 1,000 watts, and you’ll be surprised at the kind of clarity and deep bass you can get with such a small investment.
Here’s more info from the product page:
- 5.1 digital surround sound: Hear every detail in your Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks the way the studio intended. Sub woofer: 165 Watts
- THX-certified home theater speakers: Your assurance of true cinema-quality sound. Satellites : 4 x 67 W, wall mountable
- Delivers a continuous 500 watts of power, with the ability to deliver a peak of 1,000 watts under certain circumstances: Thunderous, room-shaking audio with deep bass you can feel
- Flexible setup: Connect up to six devices—computer, music player, TV, game console and more.
- Easy sound control: Compact control console and wireless remote let you instantly personalize your surround-sound experience
- System Requirements: Works with any device with either a headphone jack (3.5mm), RCA, six-channel direct, digital coaxial input or optical inputs
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.