If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Sound bars are a great option if you want to upgrade the audio on a TV without spending much money or putting in much effort. If you’re setting up your main TV in a living room or home theater though, you definitely need to step things up with a real surround sound system. What you might not realize is that you don’t have to spend a ton of money to get a very good surround sound system. In fact, the best-selling system on Amazon is about two-fifths the price of one Sonos PlayBar sound bar. Check out the Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System, which is on sale right now on Amazon for just $263 and change. It’s a 500 watt continuous system with peak output of a whopping 1,000 watts, and you’ll be surprised at the kind of clarity and deep bass you can get with such a small investment.
Here’s more info from the product page:
- 5.1 digital surround sound: Hear every detail in your Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks the way the studio intended. Sub woofer: 165 Watts
- THX-certified home theater speakers: Your assurance of true cinema-quality sound. Satellites : 4 x 67 W, wall mountable
- Delivers a continuous 500 watts of power, with the ability to deliver a peak of 1,000 watts under certain circumstances: Thunderous, room-shaking audio with deep bass you can feel
- Flexible setup: Connect up to six devices—computer, music player, TV, game console and more.
- Easy sound control: Compact control console and wireless remote let you instantly personalize your surround-sound experience
- System Requirements: Works with any device with either a headphone jack (3.5mm), RCA, six-channel direct, digital coaxial input or optical inputs
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.