Go Pro is in deep trouble, but not for the reasons all of the Wall Street analysts are saying. There is a big market out there for high-quality action cameras, and sales will likely continue to climb. The problem GoPro is running into is a problem that all technology leaders run into after a while: Other companies out there are now selling products that are just as good as a GoPro camera for a fraction of the price.
Here’s a perfect example: From now until the end of the day on April 2, Amazon is selling the Activeon CX Action Camera (Onyx Black) for just $91. Is it really as good as a GoPro? A whopping 4.4 star customer rating on Amazon doesn’t lie.
Some key details from the Amazon page:
- Full HD 1080P 30fps action camera with super wide FOV and 6-elements aspherical galss F/2.4 lens
- Built-in Wi-Fi and 120 min battery life
- 2″ Built-in LCD: The high quality LCD live viewfinder allows you to monitor captured photos and videos instantly
- Two button control allows users to switch easily between settings
- Automatic time lapse video recording and water, sport, and night video modes
Activeon CX Action Camera (Onyx Black): $90.99 with free Prime shipping
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.