The Amazon Echo is without question one of the coolest “Internet of Things” devices out there, and right now you can enjoy a rare opportunity to purchase one at a discount. Remember what a flop the Amazon Fire Phone was? Think of Amazon Echo as the exact opposite in every possible way. While the Fire Phone piled a confusing interface and a bunch of useless features on top of Android, Echo is an intuitive device that makes finding answers to queries and controlling smart devices in your home an absolute breeze.
$179.99 is a great price for the Amazon Echo but for Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Black Friday Weekend and Cyber Monday only, Amazon is knocking $30 off the price of the Echo, so you can get it for $149.99 shipped. And don’t forget that if you’re not already an Amazon Prime member, you can get a free 30-day trial right here.
These are the key details for the Amazon Echo:
- Information, music, audiobooks, news, weather, traffic, sports, and more–instantly
- Controlled by your voice for hands-free convenience
- Far-field voice recognition hears you from across the room
- Connected to the cloud so it’s always getting smarter
- 360º omni-directional audio to fill the room with immersive sound
- Compatible with select Belkin WeMo, Philips Hue, SmartThings, Insteon, and Wink connected devices to control lights and switches with your voice
- Plays music from Amazon Music, Prime Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more
Amazon Echo, $149.00 with free Prime shipping
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.