Apple’s huge iPhone event was obviously the biggest news of the day, but the dust has now settled and it’s time to move on. On Monday, BGR shared a list of eight nifty paid iPhone and iPad apps worth a combined $87 that were made available for free for a limited time, and now we’re back with eight more apps that would typically cost a combined $52. Nearly $140 worth of apps for free in just two days? That’s right, but you’d better hurry if you want to snag them all.
These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they are free at the time this post is published. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “free,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.
This universal app for the iPhone and iPad will track your every move and plot your course on a map.
Leaves a trail behind the gps movement.
The track continues to record even when the program is in the background.
You can use this to create a track when leaving your car. Then load your track when you need to find it again.
Tracks can be imported and exported throuh email.
You can also send your current location by email to a friend and it will have a hyperlink that will bring up your position on a map.
Multiple tracks can be loaded at once and they will be joined automatically.
Normally $9.99, this app is now free for a limited time.
Do you have an older iPhone or iPad model and you want to record cool slow-motion videos like the iPhone 5s? This app is your answer.
Record straight to slow-motion video, no editing required.
Switch speed as you go—slide while recording to choose slow, fast, or normal speed.
When you’re done, Flow takes care of the rest and saves directly to Photos. It’s slow motion made easy.
: : : : : : : : : :
– Set slow and fast motion effects in real-time
– Extremely fast export thanks to Flow’s Lightning Encoder
– Save directly to Photos library
– View and share most recent recording within app
– Zoom on supported devices (pinch to zoom)
– Optional audio pitch correction to maintain constant audio pitch during slow and fast sequences
– Recording timer lets you know how long your video will be
– Option for 30 FPS fixed frame rate export for enhanced compatibility with applications that don’t support variable framerate video
FRAME CAPTURE RATE:
– 120 FPS on iPhone 5s
– 60 FPS on iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad Air, iPad Mini with Retina Display, and iPod Touch 5th Generation with back-facing camera
– 30 FPS on all earlier devices
– Note that Flow does not currently support the iPod Touch with front-facing camera only.
– If you want to record a high-FPS video without slow-motion or fast-motion, simply set Flow to “1x” for your entire recording.
– If you find an app that has trouble playing back recordings you’ve made with Flow, you can re-render the video as a fixed frame rate 30 FPS video using our app SuperSlo—just set the speed to 1x. You can also tell Flow to export new recordings at 30 FPS through the Flow menu of the iOS Settings app, but in general, using the Lightning Encoder is the best way to go—it’s not only much, much faster than fixed frame rate exports, but the quality is also better, and most apps should support it without a hitch.
Save $1.99 by downloading this nifty app while it’s free.
Retouching Photos Photoshop CS 6 Edition
Photoshop is only useful if you know how to take advantage of all the great tools Adobe has built in. This tutorial app will help you sharpen your skills.
Retouch your photos like a pro using Photoshop CS 6 with this easy training
Video 1: Camera Raw Basics
Duration : 21 minutes
In this video, we will go over all the basics of the camera raw and the basis of my workflow.
Video 2 : Venice Plaza
Duration : 15 minutes
Let’s apply this workflow to a photo taken in the end of afternoon in Venize Italy.
Video 3 : The roof of Paris
Duration : 14 minutes
This photo was completly under expose, you will see that the workflow is slightly different for underexposed photos. The power of raw file developing can be surprising !
Video 4 : Urban Portrait
Duration : 9 minutes
The workflow changes also a little when a human being is in the photo. We will explore more Photoshop options in that project.
Video 5 : Panorama WD Concert Hall LA
Duration : 17 minutes
The workflow for panorama is very powerful as we will get the best out of the raw files before merging. One of my most popular photo.
Video 6 : Dynamic Range increases.
Duration : 14 minutes
This app is usually $5.99 but it’s free for a limited time.
This is a terrific note-taking app that packs in tons of functionality without getting too confusing.
Boximize is a structured note taking app that brings you the power of personal databases and the simplicity and usability of note taking apps.
Boximize helps you become more organized and productive by bringing your important information together in one place and filing them as structured notes.
■ So, what exactly is Boximize?
If you like the simplicity of note taking apps, then Boximize is a note taking app where the note isn’t just a blank page instead the note is a fully customizable form containing fields, making inputting your data faster, easier and less error-prone. Your data also becomes sortable, searchable and more organized. Thus bringing the power of personal databases to your notes.
If you like the power and flexibility of personal databases, then Boximize is a powerful personal database designed to bring you the simplicity, beauty and efficiency of note-taking apps.
Basically, Boximize brings you the best of both worlds, the simplicity of note taking apps and the customizability of personal databases.
■ And how do people use Boximize?
People use Boximize to save, organize and find everything that is of importance to them. Boximize comes with a predefined set of 27 templates that help users to instantly start organizing their data. Moreover, users can always customize the templates by adding or removing fields or even a new template from scratch.
“I use Boximize to collect and organize my recipes” – Jack, Chef
“Organizing my coin and stamp collections has never been easier” – Omar, Student
“I track my employee tasks through Boximize” – Catherine, Manager
“Capturing memories with Boximize is amazingly simple. I use it to track my kid’s drawings over time” – Sara, Graphics Designer
“I keep my travel logs on Boximize” – Li Yong, Mountaineer
“I love being able to customize Boximize to my life needs. I use it to track my diet and capture my interviews in audio” – Helen, Journalist
“Boximize helps me in keeping track of my students” – Carol, Teacher
■ Tell me, what are the top features?
• 27 ready to use collections (see below for complete list)
• Customize collections by adding/removing fields or build your own from scratch
• Enter 20 different types of information (Text, Number, Picture, GPS location, see below for complete list)
• Password protect your data with a pin code
• Lightning fast searching and sorting
• Different themes to choose from
• Organize photo and video collections
• Record voice notes
• Take handwritten notes or sketch drawings
• Track locations on the map
• Keep track of timings using a built-in stopwatch
■ Predefined Collections:
• Diet Log
• Demo Fields
• Time Billing
• Home Inventory
• Exercise Log
• Car Maintenance
• Student List
• Member List
• Products for Sale
• Issue Tracking
• Items Sold
• Movie Collection
• Task Assignments
• Audio Notes
• Member cards
• Business Cards
■ Data types
Modify a ready made collection or build your own from scratch with the following powerful:
• Choices (Multiple selections)
• Photo and video collections
• Phone Number
• Sketches and handwritten notes
• Voice notes and audio recordings
• Lists of items
This great app is well worth its normal $4.99 asking price, but right now it’s free.
This is a fun universal puzzle game that could easily get you hooked.
In the mood for a good puzzle? How about one that will bend your mind and test your wits? Do you have what it takes to master the game, or will you be left broken and bewildered? Fire the amazing slingshot mechanism and release the ball, with the hopes of it ending up in the difficult ending zone! Let the puzzle solving begin!
You have never seen a more beautiful or fun to play puzzle game than this! With stunning antique style HD graphics, you will be mesmerized as you go from one puzzle to the next! The addictive gameplay is unique and compelling, and will have you hooked for hours on end! Make your way through the game, solving the puzzles with the mechanical slingshot and battling through all the obstacles in your way! Aim your winning shot, be wary of the traps, and have a blast today in Slingshot Puzzle HD!
◇ 126 challenging levels!
◇ 7 gorgeous worlds!
◇ Different types of boards: wood, iron, marble!
◇ Intuitive touch controls!
◇ Amazing HD graphics!
Save $4.99 by downloading this game now.
LoCal Location Calendar
Location-based reminders without having to deal with Apple’s own disappointing Reminders app.
It’s a new view of the calendar, not by time, but by Location.
Visualize all your agenda/calendar on a Map, allowing to optimize itineraries and save time/fuel.
With a alert system, that reminds you what to-do, when you get somewhere, working as a Personal assistant
Designed for productivity addicts, workaholics, worldwide travellers, and, perfect for Business sales and exterior work.
A game changer on the way calendar is used.
It’s gona increase your productivity and the way you organize your life
A navigation instrument of the 21th century.
X marks the spot
-Create the events directly on LoCal, so you can identify the location immediately, and it will sync easily with your calendar.
-It allows you to choose which dates to sync with the default calendar
-You can personalize the name of your locations
-It displays only your calendar events that have the location
-With a new view of all the events listed by the location
-In the LoCal settings and in the ios notification center, you can change the Alert style notification.
Regularly $2.99, this app is currently free for a short time.
Quantum Legacy HD Turbo
A fun, fast-paced shooter that’s normally $19.99 and now free? Sure, why not?
Experience ON-RAILS action with JAW-DROPPING GRAPHICS in the next generation of arcade-style 3D SHMUPs for the first time with full retina support on all modern iOS devices with a completely redefined “Turbo” style of game play never before seen in the Quantum Legacy Universe! Team up with Colonel Seth Blair as you pilot one of 4 unique spaceships during your 3+ hour ON-RAILS journey through 20 action-packed Turbo missions filled with breathtaking cinematic game play and highly stylized storytelling, EXCLUSIVELY on the iOS! Featuring:
• Brand New Turbo DLC: provides you with a new playable ship “Forsydon”, new level variations, improved graphics/effects, new AI, plus a never before experienced speed and finger-twitch ON-RAILS intensity worthy of a next-gen 3D Space SHMUP!
• Enjoy Simple and Intuitive Controls: tilt your iOS device left/right to steer your ship manually while providing an opportunity for a skillful avoidance of enemy projectiles.
• Alternatively, for a casual ON-RAILS experience: forgo tilting and simply tap your enemies to engage the Auto Pilot while controlling your shields and weapons with a smooth 2-button interface.
• Bright and awe-inspiring JAW-DROPPING Turbo graphics with highly polished game play will take your breath away! For the first time ever, Quantum Legacy HD Turbo provides you with full native retina support on the iPhone 5, and iPad with Retina display.
• 20 story-oriented Turbo campaign missions offer over 3 hours of action-packed SHMUP-style game play.
• RPG Style Progression System allows you to FREELY acquire, pilot and level-up 4 unique starships (including the new Turbo “Forsydon”) while unlocking over 16 different types of shield and weapon upgrades.
• Optional In-App Purchases allow you to skip the RPG grind and instantly acquire any of the playable ships! In addition, you can Restore your existing purchases to unlock content on multiple iOS devices.
• Face more than 25 different types of enemies, including unique Gigantic Bosses in every mission.
• Game Center support: with 6 Turbo-DLC Leaderboards and 21 elusive Turbo Achievements that demand an additional 10+ hours of game play.
• Over 40 minutes of original music was created to accompany your Quantum Legacy experience.
• Highly Stylized and Action-Oriented Storytelling is told through the com-sat radio of your starship, with full voice-overs for the game’s array of quirky characters.
• Turbo AI with Dynamic Difficulty and Randomized Enemy Waves: provide for a near endless replay value, as the enemies constantly change and adapt to your style of game play each time you engage an existing mission.
>> Game Play Basics:
Steer your ship manually by tilting your device left and right, or tap your enemies to engage the ON-RAILS “Autopilot”. To maximize damage, it is best to be facing your enemies directly before pressing the right “Weapons/Fire” button. Holding the left “Shield” button will allow you to deflect all enemy projectiles. Prolonged use of the Weapons/Shields will cause a temporary overload. Note that it is NOT possible to fire your weapons while Shields are active until you level-up your starship and unlock Translucent Shielding at Level 5.
Successfully completing each mission will unlock new game content while allowing you to level-up in an RPG-like fashion. Completing missions 5, 10 and 15 will allow you to FREELY acquire one of 4 unique playable starships.
This is probably the sexiest multiple timers app in the App Store.
Timeless is a countdown timer and stopwatch application that combines a very simple and fast interface with powerful features like multiple timers, labeling, gesture based controls, Focus mode and colour themes.
A list of features that you’ll love:
* UP TO 60% FASTER (NEW)
We’ve completely re-engineered core parts of the app to make it even faster to load and handle your timers.
* UPDATED FRESH NEW DESIGN (NEW)
Timeless has been redesigned to look and feel even better!
* COUNTDOWN SECONDS (NEW)
You can now set seconds for your timers
* FAST & EASY THEME PICKER (NEW)
Use a different colour theme for each timer
* STOPWATCH & COUNTDOWN TIMER
Timeless works both as stopwatch and a countdown timer!
* MULTIPLE TIMERS
Timeless lets you run up to ten timers simultaneously. Just swipe left to add a new one!
* LABELS ON TIMERS
You can add a label on each timer so that you know which timer is up.
* PRESET TIMER DURATIONS
Timeless saves the timers you setup so that you can create presets for quick access.
Choose from a variety of carefully crafted color themes to match your style or the occasion. More coming soon!
* INTUITIVE GESTURE CONTROLS
Timeless allows you to use simple gestures as shortcuts to simple tasks like:
– Start/stop each timer by double tapping on the screen
– Swipe left to add a new timer
– Shake to reset the current timer
– Swipe left or right to navigate though timers
* MULTIPLE TIMERS VIEW
Rotate clockwise for an overview of all your timers. Start or stop each one you like in a single tap or change their order.
* SINGLE TIMER VIEW (“Focus Mode”)
Rotate counter-clockwise to view a large version of the running timer. This mode prevents the phone from locking so that you can easily check the timer’s progress.
* NOTIFICATION CENTER INTEGRATION
Never miss a notification. Timeless runs in the background and when a timer expires, it notifies you through the iOS notification center.
* RUNNING TIMERS BADGE
A little badge on the app’s icon lets you know how many timers are currently running.
* SOUND EFFECTS THAT ENHANCE ACCESSIBILITY
Sound effects make the app even more friendly and fun to use! Each sound has been carefully selected to match each interaction so that you can practically use the app without even looking at the screen.
* NOTIFICATIONS SOUNDS
Choose from a list of carefully selected audio notifications. More coming soon!
Some example uses of Timeless:
– Working out at the gym
– Preparing for a presentation
– Using the Pomodoro technique
– Casual Reminders
Timeless is normally $0.99 but right now it’s free.