Here at BGR, we often tell readers when a nifty paid app is available for free for a limited time. Paying for apps is of course the only way to support the hard-working developers who make these terrific applications — but free is free, and it’s always nice to save some money and still walk away with a great app.
Today, however, we’re going to tell you about not one but six awesome paid apps that can be downloaded for free if you move quickly.
First up is Thinglist, a unique to-do app that focuses on things you want to do rather than things you have to do.
Thinglist is your “want to-do” list. A super-simple way to remember things in your personal life.
Try Thinglist to remember things like:
• A book your friend recommended
• A new restaurant you want to try
• An idea you just had
• A new album you want to listen to
There are plenty of “to-do” and task apps out there. We created Thinglist for all the things you “want to-do”… to make life a little more enjoyable
The app is normally $1.99 but you can download Thinglist for free right here.
Next, we have Work Time, a cool app that turns your iPhone into a beautiful desk clock while you work.
Don’t leave your iPhone asleep on your desk, put it to good use. Plug it in and use this App. Not just a clock, Work Time is your second screen. The time, date, calendar, your schedule of upcoming events, and current weather conditions all at a glance.
Insanely simple to use. Elegant in its execution. Incredibly useful.
Weather and short term forecast powered by Forecast.io from the team that made the “DARK SKY” app. Never get caught off guard by the rain again.
– All new for iOS 7.
– Large easy to read clock.
– Current month and date.
– Scrollable list of all your upcoming events.
– Tap on event to edit and delete.
– Tap on small + to add new events.
– Current weather and short term forecast. (powered by Forecast.io).
– Never get bored with over 10 different styles and colors to choose.
– Dock it any way you want, it supports landscape and portrait orientation.
– iPhone 5 optimized.
Work Time is also normally $1.99. Download it for free here.
Up next is djay 2, a fun app that turns your iPhone into a DJ rig.
Ready to rock your next party? Introducing djay 2 – the next generation of the world’s best-selling iOS DJ software and winner of the Apple Design Award has been redesigned from the ground up.
djay transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with your music library, djay gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists on your device. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPhone or iPod touch.
• Direct music library access
• Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher
• Mixer, Tempo, Pitch-Bend, Filter and EQ controls
• Looping & Cue Points
• Live Recording
• Sampler with included sound packs by Snoop Dogg, DJ QBert, and others
• Single Deck Mode
• Colored HD Waveforms™
• Pre-Cueing with headphones (using Griffin DJ Cable or multi-channel audio interface)
• Advanced time-stretching (Key Lock)
• Key Detection and Matching (requires iPhone 5S or better)
• Automatic beat detection
• iCloud integration to sync metadata
• AirPlay integration
• iTunes Store integration
• Support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Support for all major audio formats (no support for DRM protected songs)
• Support for DJ MIDI Controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO2, Vestax Spin 2, Numark Mixdeck Quad, iDJ Live, iDJ Live II, ION iDJ 2 Go, Reloop Beatpad, Casio XW-J1, Philips M1X-DJ
Download djay 2 for free right here — it’s normally $1.99.
The fourth app in this list of six is Analog Film, a wonderfully designed photo editor with 400 filter presets that are based on actual old film styles.
Analog Film is Real film based, film like filters. All you need is the well made preset.
It has a Live Filter Preview! You can take a picture with the live filter effects.
(Live Filter Preview is unavailable for 3.5-inch devices)
Used many nice films for the best quality filter effects.
– Kodak Gold, Portra, Ektarchrome, Tri-X, T-Max Series
– Fuji Pro, Superia, Velvia, Fortia, Astia, Provia, FP, Neopan Series
– Instant PX, Time-Zero Series
– Ilford HP5, Delta Series
– Agfa Film Scala Series
– Konica Centuria Series
– And many films.
Analog Film is normally $2.99. Download it here for free.
Next we have Recordium Pro, the only voice recorder for the iPhone that you’ll ever need.
Recordium is a powerful yet elegant recording app designed for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Recordium lets you highlight the track while playing or recording audio, helping you focus on the most important parts of your recordings.
Attachments such as notes, tags, and pictures can be easily added to any part of the recording. This enables searching among your recordings, allowing you quick access to the most important and highlighted parts of your tracks.
Recordium’s intuitive user interface, smooth playback, and multiple options for customizing the size and quality of the recordings using various compression algorithms are among the features that make this app an essential tool for everybody, especially students, journalists and musicians.
Recordium, See what you hear!
The app is normally a hefty $6.99 but you can download it for free right here.
Last but certainly not least is Scanbot, a terrific document scanner packed full of great features.
Scanbot is your premium mobile scanner app. Create high-quality PDF or JPG scans. Send them via email or upload them to Box, Dropbox, Evernote and other cloud services.
• Scan premium quality PDFs or JPGs with 200 dpi and higher
• Cloud integration: Dropbox, Box, Evernote, WebDAV, Yandex and other cloud drives
• Automatic edge detection and scanning
• Multi page documents
• Color modes
• Automatic optimization
• Smart background upload
• Lightning fast
• Beautifully designed
Download Scanbot for free right here, even though the app is a great value at $1.99.