Last night, the Android iteration of Facebook was updated to bring it more inline with its iPhone counterpart. While there are a lot of minor fixes, the major changes center around the homescreen, and include:
- The ability to post a status update or search for friends with just one click.
- A new photo reel that enables easy viewing of photos and videos from friends in your News Feed.
- A draggable Notifications drawer where you can easily see if a friend posted a note on your wall, commented or liked a post or tagged you in a photo.
- Video playback from the app. Similar to the Facebook for iPhone application, we are using the H.264 baseline profile for encoding videos.
- Support for Events. You can now review your upcoming events, read your event details, and even RSVP â€“ all from the application.
- Respond to friend requests without leaving the application.
The interface looks more polished, and it is far easier to tell if you have wall notifications (or any notifications) from all 3,000 of your closest internet friends. The photo drawer down the bottom is also pretty cool. The updated code — version 1.3 — is available in the Android market as we type. Enjoy!Read