Well, you don’t have to. We’ve tested this out ourselves, and here are the instructions if you’d like to venture into the wild and try and install the update manually.
- Download this file
- Rename the file to update.zip and place it in the root directory of your microSD card
- Power off the phone
- Power on the phone while holding the ‘X’ key on the physical keyboard to enter recovery mode
- When you see the triangle with the exclamation point, press the volume up key and camera button key (only press the camera key down half way)
- Navigate to “apply update.zip” and press the gold center button on the keyboard to select it. It will start the update process
- Reboot the phone after it’s finished.
That’s it! Let us know how it works out, and please don’t try it if you’re not comfortable.