If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Do you really need a laptop? If you stop to think about it for a minute, odds are you’ll realize how much better your work experience would be if you used a desktop PC instead of a laptop. The bigger display, the lower cost, the separate mouse and keyboard that can be rearranged for comfort… there’s no question that desktops offer clear benefits over laptop computers. Of course, laptops can be taken anywhere and desktops leave you chained to your desk, right?
Wrong. In this post, we’ll show you how you can get a desktop PC with a large 17″ screen that is just as portable as your laptop.
To get yourself a great portable PC setup for just $250, there are only two things you’ll need to purchase. The first is the Kangaroo PC, which BGR told you about back in October. This tiny portable computer is about the size of a phablet and it packs some pretty solid specs. Highlights include an Intel Cherrytrail (Atom Z8500) processor clocked at 2.24GHz, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of eMMC storage, microSDXC support up to 128GB, Bluetooth 4.0, 802.11 AC Wi-Fi and even a fingerprint reader for security.
Oh and did we mention it only costs $99?
Next up, you’ll need a monitor. Lugging a standard desktop screen around obviously isn’t an option, but Amazon has a great sale going right now that will give you a portable 17.3″ high-definition display with a 16:9 aspect ratio, a built-in stand and an included carrying case for just $149.99 with free shipping. Here are the key details:
- Viewable Image Size: 17.3 inch
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Brightness: 220 cd/m2
- Smart Contrast: 650:1
- SmartResponse Time: 10ms
- Viewable Angle: 90 degrees horizontal, 65 degrees vertical
- Maximum Resolution: 1600 x 900 @60Hz Display Colors: 262K
- Connectivity: USB 3.0
- ENERGY STAR Compliant: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 16.2 x 9.8 x 0.7 inches
- Weight: 4.3 lbs
If you like sitting around in Starbucks daydreaming instead of getting work done, a laptop is definitely the way to go. If you bounce back and forth between your home and the office and you’re looking for a desktop experience in both places, this is your answer.
AOC 17-inch USB 3.0 Powered Portable LED Monitor with Case, $149.99 with free Prime shipping
- 1 DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope, IP67 Waterproof WiFi Borescope Inspection 2.0 Megapixels HD Snake…
- 2 Wireless Endoscope, DEPSTECH Upgrade 5.0MP HD Inspection Camera, Scope Camera with Light, 16 in…
- 3 Fire TV Stick Lite with Alexa Voice Remote Lite (no TV controls) | HD streaming device | 2020 r…
- 4 COWIN E7 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone Deep Bass Wire…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.