Amazon is about to unleash its Black Friday in July sales event for the second year in a row after last year’s sale generated even more revenue than Amazon’s actual Black Friday sale. Competitors are scrambling to compete with the retailer, of course, with Walmart preparing a special shopping event of its own.
For five days starting on July 11th, Walmart stores will offer free shipping for any online purchase, regardless of how much a product costs. There’s no minimum purchase necessary this week to be eligible for free shipping. It might not sound as exciting as Amazon’s Prime Day on July 12th, which will feature over 100,000 deals on a variety of products, but it’s still a good way to save money.
Last year, Walmart launched a three-month sale to take on Amazon’s first Prime Day event.
Amazon expects its second annual Prime Day event to be bigger than last year’s, Reuters reports. This year, Prime subscribers in 10 countries will be able to enjoy some of the Prime Day deals – you really should enroll for a free Amazon Prime trial to take advantage of this year’s Prime Day deals.
As for Walmart, the company is also looking to generate more online sales this year, and that means putting up a better fight against Amazon throughout the year, not just on Prime Day or Black Friday. Walmart recently launched a free shipping subscription of its own to target
Finally, Walmart prepared a slew of deals and rollbacks to take on Amazon on Prime Day. Here are some of them:
- Samsung 55″ 4K Ultra HDTV – $598 (was $1199)
- Lenovo Flex i5 Laptop – under $400 (was $699)
- Apple iPhone 5S 16GB Straight Talk Prepaid Smartphone – $149 (was $450)
- Apple TV 32 or 64GB – starting at $129 (was $149)
- Xbox One Console 500GB Gears of War Bundle with Bonus Wireless Controller and Minecraft – $279 (was $355)
- Faded Glory Women’s Classic Denim Jacket – $8 (was $14.94)
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Mega Magnus Blaster with Bonus Pack – $9.97 (was $27)
- 9 by Novogratz Vintage Tufted Sofa Sleeper – $299 (was $349)