Microsoft has never been able to establish as strong a presence in the console market overseas as it has in the U.S., but Titanfall’s launch appears to be making waves. MCV reports that Xbox One sales increased 96% in the week following the release of Titanfall, which reached the number 1 spot on the UK game charts. Xbox One Titanfall bundles accounted for 70% of those sales, as hesitant consumers finally took the plunge for the promise of a free game. This marks EA’s first non-FIFA number 1 hit since last March. We’ll keep an eye out to see how Titanfall’s release affected Xbox One sales in other regions as well.
Jacob started covering video games and technology in college as a hobby, but it quickly became clear to him that this was what he wanted to do for a living. He currently resides in New York writing for BGR. His previously published work can be found on TechHive, VentureBeat and Game Rant.
- This twisted psychological horror movie is #1 on Netflix today
- ‘Let’s go Brandon’ – #1 hip-hop song on iTunes inspired by Joe Biden meme
- Superman no longer fights for ‘The American Way’
- Watch these Marvel videos before you see ‘Eternals’ in theaters
- 5 Google Maps tricks you’ll wonder how you lived without