Happy National Hot Dog Day, America! In celebration of this fantastic holiday, several of our nation’s food retailers will give you free hot dogs when you visit their establishments. Let’s go over some of the big ones below.
UPDATE: Because I am a total idiot, I thought today was July 23rd. But no: It’s July 24th. Ergo, National Hot Dog Day was yesterday and not today. I apologize to any confused hot dog fans whose hopes I just dashed.
FROM EARLIER: I never knew competitive cup stacking could be exciting until I saw this mind-blowing video
- The Philly Pretzel Factory: If you’re one of the first 300 customers at a Philly Pretzel Factory on Friday, you will get a free hot dog.
- RaceTrac: The gas station is giving away free hot dogs to its RaceTrac Insiders today. You can sign up to be a RaceTrac Insider (and receive all its wonderful promotional emails) by clicking here.
- Evos: Purportedly healthy fast food chain Evos is having a “buy-one-get-one-free” deal for its “healthy dogs” all week.
- Callahan’s Hot Dogs: The hot dog-centric chain will be giving away hot dogs at its Norwood, New Jersey location between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m. today
- Sam Adams Brewery: The iconic Boston brewer is giving away free hot dogs to the first 300 people who show up at its Jamaica Plain brewery starting at noon today.
There are also several places offering discounted hot dogs all day. Among them:
- 7-11: C’mon, you didn’t think 7-11 wouldn’t be part of this, did you? You’ll be able to get a quarter-pound Big Bite hot dog for just a buck at participating locations.
- Sonic Drive-In: Serving $1 hot dogs all day.
- Becks Prime: You can get a free drink when you order a hot dog… but you have to belt out the godawful anti-classic “Who Let the Dogs Out?”
- Kangaroo Express: Ballpark hot dogs will be just $0.50 each from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. today while supplies last.