The most baffling omission from Windows 8 is undoubtedly the Start menu. Microsoft went all-in with its Metro interface, leaving Start behind, but the company has heard the pleas of developers and users alike, and announced on Wednesday that the Start menu will be returning to Windows 8 in a future update. From the short glimpse we got, it looks like Microsoft will be integrating Live Tiles into the menu as well. There is currently no timetable for the update, but we’ll be keeping an eye out for any news on the matter.
Jacob started covering video games and technology in college as a hobby, but it quickly became clear to him that this was what he wanted to do for a living. He currently resides in New York writing for BGR. His previously published work can be found on TechHive, VentureBeat and Game Rant.
- You’re about to get new $3,600 stimulus payments – and they might keep coming every year
- This new Windows 11 feature is already making people so angry
- A hacker tried to poison the water supply in another major US city
- New stimulus checks are already approved – here’s when you’ll start getting $300+ every month
- Strawberry Moon: How to watch the last supermoon of 2021 this week