Click to Skip Ad
Closing in...

iPhone 5 to include 8-megapixel camera, report claims

Updated Dec 19th, 2018 7:17PM EST

If you buy through a BGR link, we may earn an affiliate commission, helping support our expert product labs.

Apple’s forthcoming fifth-generation iPhone will feature an 8-megapixel camera according to a report on Tuesday from DigiTimes. Citing anonymous sources, DigiTimes states that OmniVision has been awarded the contract to supply the bulk of the image sensors for Apple’s iPhone 5. These sensors, according to the report, will feature an 8-megapixel resolution. OmniVision is said to be supplying roughly 90% of the image sensors for Apple’s next iPhone, while Sony will supply the remaining 10%. Apple has been rumored on numerous occasions to be including an 8-megapixel camera in its next iPhone, but the company has not yet confirmed any specs for the upcoming device.


Zach Epstein
Zach Epstein Executive Editor

Zach Epstein has been the Executive Editor at BGR for more than 10 years. He manages BGR’s editorial team and ensures that best practices are adhered to. He also oversees the Ecommerce team and directs the daily flow of all content. Zach first joined BGR in 2007 as a Staff Writer covering business, technology, and entertainment.

His work has been quoted by countless top news organizations, and he was recently named one of the world's top 10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes. Prior to BGR, Zach worked as an executive in marketing and business development with two private telcos.