If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Segway was making personal transport devices long before the “hoverboard” craze ever swept the nation and it’ll be making personal transport devices long after hoverboards are over. Of course, that doesn’t mean the company is going to miss out on the trend and let everyone else get in on the action. Segway recently unveiled the Segway miniPRO Smart Self Balancing Personal Transporter with Mobile App Control, a very cool new take on the hoverboard that pushes things to the next level in several key ways.
Here are some of the key details surrounding the new miniPRO:
- Connect the miniPRO with your mobile device to the app (via bluetooth) to access many features such as unmanned operation, anti-theft alarm, speed control, customizable lights, vehicle diagnostics, and firmware updates.
- UL 2272 Certified – meets all new requirements and methodology set by Underwriter Laboratories for electrical and fire-hazard safety.
- Aircraft grade magnesium alloy frame, with 10.5″ vacuum tires provides military-grade shock resistance.
- Top speed of 10 mph and max range of 14 miles using an 800-watt dual motor that is engineered to overcome humps, slopes, and other everyday conditions without sacrificing safety and stability.
- Padded knee control bar enables precision steering with comfort.
Segway’s new miniPRO launches on June 29, but you can preorder one on Amazon right now. It costs $999.99 and will be eligible for free Prime shipping when it’s released.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.