Gyms across the country took a huge hit over the past two years. Now that things are somewhat back to normal, however, many of them have recovered. That being said, I got used to working out at home and I don’t plan on going back to the gym anytime soon. Why would I when I’m saving so much money? I found some of the best exercise machines that let me work out at home on the cheap. So long, monthly gym membership fees!
If you’re in the same boat and you’re looking for some great home gym equipment that won’t break the bank, you’ve come to the right place. I’m going to show you some of the best exercise machines you can get for under $250 each.
Featured products in this article:
I really used to love going to the gym, and I’m definitely rooting for small independent gym owners. But there’s no way I’m personally going back to the gym anytime soon. I have saved so much money by purchasing my own home gym gear and cancelling my monthly gym membership.
Clearly, there are plenty of other people out there who are looking to do the same thing.
With that in mind, we’ve rounded up some of the best exercise machines and workout gear that you can get without spending a fortune.
Home workout gear is popular right now
Like so many of you, I’ve turned to apps instead. Interactive fitness apps are more than enough to motivate me and they’re typically much less expensive than a gym membership. I love FightCamp, and you can check it out in our FightCamp review. There is also some other interactive workout gear that I use.
On top of that, I’ve spent the past year building my own home gym with all the exercise machines I need.
No, I didn’t spend thousands and thousands of dollars building a home gym in my basement. Not even close. Believe it or not, the figure is actually in the hundreds.
My new favorite piece of home gym equipment is the MAXPRO portable smart cable gym. It really is amazing. But even while it’s on sale with a discount, it’s still a bit expensive. Of course, you don’t have to spend anywhere near that much on awesome exercise machines.
Amazon’s best exercise machines on a budget
Are you aware that you can get a really good flywheel-style exercise bike for just $113? Or how about a best-selling mechanical treadmill for only $158? You seriously won’t believe the kind of value you can find at Amazon if you know where to look.
Lucky for you, we’re going to show you exactly where to look.
Just because you’re skipping the gym, it doesn’t mean you have to skip your workouts altogether. If you think you can’t afford a home gym, think again. There are some fantastic deals over at Amazon right now on all sorts of exercise equipment.
Instead of paying $50 or $60 each month on a gym membership, why not get your own gear and watch it pay for itself in no time?
We offered readers two great examples above, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Other hot home gym deals on Amazon right now include a foldable exercise bike for $200, an electric treadmill for $249, and an elliptical trainer for just $139!
Check out Amazon’s exercise and fitness section for so much more home gym gear that’s surprisingly affordable. You can also scroll down to see five of the best exercise machines for people on a budget.
Best exercise machine deal of the month: Sunny Health & Fitness Stationary Indoor Cycling Bike
- Comfortable foam cushion seat
- Additionally, foam grip handles can easily be adjusted up or down
- This bike is smooth and quiet, but it feels like riding a real bike thanks to the special chain drive system
- Easily adjustable resistance levels let you fine-tune your workout
- Heavy-duty construction with a solid 22 lb flywheel
FYC Folding Electric Treadmill
- Variable speed settings range from 1 KPH to 10 KPH
- Great for light exercise or calorie-burning runs
- This treadmill’s foldable design is great for storage — it’ll even store vertically in a corner
- Three different incline levels that are easy to adjust
- Complex features are made simple by the well-designed control screen interface
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E905 Elliptical Machine Cross Trainer
- Easily adjust the resistance with a precise micro-controller
- 8 different levels of resistance help you burn calories and cool down
- Integrated digital pulse monitor lets you follow your workout progress in real-time along with readings for speed, distance, elapsed time, and calories burned
ATIVAFIT Folding Magnetic Exercise Bike
- The adjustable stance lets you use this folding exercise bike as an upright bike or like a recumbent bike for a less strenuous workout
- Includes arm tension resistance bands to add another dimension to your exercise
- 8 levels of magnetic resistance are easy to adjust, accommodating light workouts or strenuous sessions that crush calories
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T1407M Manual Treadmill with LCD Display
- Solid construction and materials — it also has a powder-coated steel frame
- Includes wide side rails to help keep you safe
- The walking experience is smooth because of the oversized belt rollers
- Offers two different incline settings — 6 and 10 degrees
- Special handles with foam grips provide comfortable stability while walking
Go here to see this month’s best deals online!