Wi-Fi technology has come a very long way in recent years, and there are now plenty of affordable devices that offer great speed, coverage, and reliability. As good as wireless tech has gotten though, one thing will always remain true: wireless will never be as consistently fast and reliable as a wired internet connection. Wi-Fi is fine for your phones and smart home gadgets, but when it comes to computers and televisions you use to stream, you want Ethernet for sure. Of course, not everyone wants to pay to run wires and have Ethernet ports installed in their homes. Don’t worry, we’ve got just the thing: Check out the TP-Link AV1000 Powerline Ethernet Adapter Kit on Amazon, which is on sale right now at a discount. It instantly transforms any regular old power outlet into a gigabit Ethernet port!
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- Powerline adapter provides up to 1000Mbps Ethernet over power. Ideal to be Ethernet extender who can easily go over the walls
- As network adapters supporting HomePlug AV2, easy to add multiple adapters and works under 110-240V
- Gigabit port, give you full speed of your internet. Plug & Play, no new wires and no configuration required
- Power saving automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%. Data encryption by 128-bit AES to make the network safe and private
- System requirements is windows 2000, xp, 2003, vista, 7, 8, 8.1,10, mac and linux. Standards and protocols are homeplug av2, homeplug av, ieee 1901, ieee 802.3, ieee 802.3u and ieee 802.3ab. Range is 984.25 foot over electrical circuit
- Industry Leading Support: 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support. Amazon Dedicated Support Email: Support.Amazon@tp-link.com
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.