Unless you spend thousands and thousands of dollars on an ultra high-end TV from Sony or another top brand, there’s no question that the sound quality on your TV is mediocre at best. Most of the time it’s flat-out awful. TV makers simply don’t invest in high-quality speakers in their TVs, and that’s fine since picture quality is really all that matters. Why doesn’t sound quality matter? Because giving your audio a huge upgrade costs next to nothing thanks to the advent of affordable sound bars, and Amazon’s own AmazonBasics 2.1 Channel Bluetooth Sound Bar with Built-In Subwoofer is the perfect example. This compact unit has a built-in sub so there’s nothing to set up aside from plugging it into your TV, and it costs less than $100!
Here are some highlights from the product page:
* 31.5-inch sound bar with built-in subwoofer enhances home-audio systems (not compatible with universal or TV remotes)
* Bluetooth technology v2.1 + EDR with A2DP & AVRCP for seamless streaming from various devices
* Full-range stereo speakers; up to 92 dB (2.1 channels)
* 4-piece 2-inch round frame; mid- to high-range drivers; 4-by-2.7-inch sub-range driver; 2-piece passive radiator
* 3 sound modes: Standard, News, and Movie; remote control and wall-mount hardware included; measures 31.5 by 3.2 by 3.5 inches (W x H x D)
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes..