Unless you spend thousands and thousands of dollars on an ultra high-end TV from Sony or another top brand, there’s no question that the sound quality on your TV is mediocre at best. Most of the time it’s flat-out awful. TV makers simply don’t invest in high-quality speakers in their TVs, and that’s fine since picture quality is really all that matters. Why doesn’t sound quality matter? Because giving your audio a huge upgrade costs next to nothing thanks to the advent of affordable sound bars, and Amazon’s own AmazonBasics 2.1 Channel Bluetooth Sound Bar with Built-In Subwoofer is the perfect example. This compact unit has a built-in sub so there’s nothing to set up aside from plugging it into your TV, and it costs less than $100!
Here are some highlights from the product page:
* 31.5-inch sound bar with built-in subwoofer enhances home-audio systems (not compatible with universal or TV remotes)
* Bluetooth technology v2.1 + EDR with A2DP & AVRCP for seamless streaming from various devices
* Full-range stereo speakers; up to 92 dB (2.1 channels)
* 4-piece 2-inch round frame; mid- to high-range drivers; 4-by-2.7-inch sub-range driver; 2-piece passive radiator
* 3 sound modes: Standard, News, and Movie; remote control and wall-mount hardware included; measures 31.5 by 3.2 by 3.5 inches (W x H x D)
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.