If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Apple’s brand new MacBook Pro 2016 models feature powerful internal components and a sleek new design that is simply gorgeous. Of course, to build that gorgeous design, Apple had to ditch things that people really needed like standard USB ports and the SD card reader. On top of that, Apple got rid of everyone’s favorite power connector, the MagSafe port, which was a magnetic connector that was easy to plug in and prevented accidents from happening by detaching in the event that someone stepped on the power cord.
Well guess what: If you have a new MacBook Pro 2016 or you’re planning to get one, the Griffin BreakSafe Magnetic USB-C Breakaway Power Cable connects to the MacBook Pro’s USB Type-C port and brings MagSafe back.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Compatible with Apple’s MacBook (12″), MacBook Pro 2016, and other devices that charge via USB-C
- BreakSafe is rated up to 60 watts (20 volts at 3 amps) power
- Designed and tested to meet USB-C power standards
- Data and video are not supported
- In the box: USB-C magnetic connector, USB-C cable
The Griffin BreakSafe Magnetic USB-C Breakaway Power Cable costs $40 on Amazon’s website and includes free shipping. This is bound to be a popular item once the new MacBooks with the Touch Bar start shipping, so you might want to grab one now.
- 1 Powecom Face Mask (10 Count) - With BNX Face Mask (5 Count) - AccuMed Adjustable Face Shield (1…
- 2 50 Pcs Disposable Face Cover 3-Ply Filter Non Medical Breathable Earloop Masks (Black)
- 3 Purell Advanced Instant Gel Hand Sanitizer, Flip Top Bottle, 16 Oz, 70% Alcohol (Case of 12)
- 4 Lysol Disinfectant Spray, Crisp Linen, 19 Ounce, 3 Count
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.