It was hard to swallow at first, but now that the iPhone 7 has officially launched, it’s time to come to terms with the fact that the 3.5mm headphone jack is dead. How will you ever survive?!
If you want to listen to music on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, you’ll either need Lightning or Bluetooth headphones, both of which Apple will be happy to sell you. But what are you supposed to do with your old, wired headphones?
Well, we have a few ideas:
- Learn how to jump rope.
- Play a game of tug of war in the backyard.
- Fashion a makeshift hands-free headset by tightly tying your phone to your face with all the wired headphones you have lying around.
- Tie several pairs of earbuds together end to end and use the resulting whip to thrash anyone who walks by talking trash about Apple (even though Apple’s decision to kill headphones is the only reason you have this whip in the first place).
- Use it as a hipster-friendly super super skinny tie. Very fashionable.
- Try to lasso some Pokemon in Pokemon Go.
- Tie them to two lampposts and take down unsuspecting Android fanboys.
- Build one really long set of headphones to use with an old iPod or something.
- Start collecting all the wired headphones you find in the trash/on the ground and sell them to afford an iPhone 8 next year.
- Plug them into your new iPhone 7 with the adapter that comes in the box and stop complaining about the fact that Apple killed headphones.
If you have any ideas of your own, sound off in the comments or on Twitter!