If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
The magnetic “MagSafe” charger on Apple’s MacBook Air and MacBook Pro laptops is absolutely brilliant. Just wave it past the charging port and the magnets pull together and begin charging. Then if something happens and the cable gets yanked, the connector pops right off with no damage at all.
There’s no question that Apple should have built a similar solution for the iPhone, but instead we get an annoying proprietary Lightning connector. Well guess what: $15 is all it takes to add a nifty little magnetic charger adapter to your iPhone 6/6s or iPhone 6/6s Plus.
Watch this video to see how awesome it is:
Here are the key details:
- Detachable magnetic connector, Easy to connect, easy separation, reducing abrasion during inserting or pluging out the cable.
- Two kinds of color of LED Charging indicator light for showing the working status of the cable.
- Support Apple iOS 9.2 the latest software version
- The magnetic connector can be used as anti-dust plug When the cable not to work
- Compatible with the devices with lightning to usb cable, such as iPhone 6s / 6s Plus /iPhone 6 / 6 Plus / 5s / 5c / 5, iPad Air / Air 2, iPad mini / mini 2 / mini 3, iPad (4th generation), iPod nano (7th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation)
The Apple Lightning to USB Magnetic Cable With Adapter is just $14.99 on Amazon, and that includes free Prime shipping. Just note that you can’t transfer data over the magnetic connection so you’ll need to pop the adapter out if you want to connect to your computer. Also, the adapter might not fit with all third-party iPhone cases.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.