Your neighbor up the block just paid $60,000 for some fancy car and still had to pay another $800 or even $1,000 or more to add a head-up display, also known as a HUD. Truth be told, it was probably worth the extra cash. HUDs aren’t just useless money-grabs like in-car scent systems and all the other silly options out there on luxury cars. They’re actually incredibly useful, projecting key information like your current speed and turn-by-turn navigation instructions onto a panel on your windshield so that you can see it without having to avert your eyes from the road.
HUDs are always useful and safe, but they don’t have to be expensive. You can add one to any car on the planet with the Mpow Universal Head Up Display, and you won’t have to pay $1,000 to do it. In fact, if you use the limited-time promo code below, you can snag one for just $23 shipped.
First, some key details about this setup, which works with any iPhone or Android phone:
- HIGH REFLECTION & TRANSPARENCY: The reflective display is coated with 20nm-thick-chromimum, a unique material that makes the display reflect image very clearly while keeping transparency well at the same time. Even in poor lighting condition or direct sunlight, you just need to adjust the brightness of your cellphone’s screen, then the glass will display clear view.
- LONG-TERM GLOSSY DISPLAY: The ordinary display will turn yellow after using over a long time. Treated with a special antioxidative process, our display takes on long-term glossy appearance and maintains good resistance to corrosion.
- STRONG ADHESIVE MATERIAL: Provided with a flat friction pad made from PU, our HUD will well hold your phone and prevent it from sliding on the dash. The flat pad is very wear-resisting, and has high adhesion. Even cleaned for many times, the pad still keeps good stickness. What’s more,it works well in high temperature, so you don’t need worry it.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION AND PRACTICAL USE: Just open an app that supports HUD and put your phone on the pad. No more projectors required, NO OBD compatible problems. Adjusting the organic glass board to appropriate angle according to individual visual angle.
- SAFE TO DRIVE: The reflected image is displayed directly in line of sight, allowing you to check speed settings and navigation instructions while keeping your eyes on the road. Road view will not be sheltered.
The Mpow Universal Head Up Display sells for $29.99, which is a bargain, and that price includes free Prime shipping.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.