It looks like the rollout of iOS 4 isn’t going as smoothly as Apple would like. Even though the majority of comments we’ve come across have been positive, we’ve been getting a steady stream of bug complaints from readers ranging from extremely trivial to very serious. Many of the bugs remedied easily enough, but some of them seem to have no workaround. Here are the most pervasive complaints:
- Photos synced with iPhoto turn are extremely blurry
- Gmail ActiveSync is no longer functioning (no syncing of email, calendars and contacts) Update from BG: This probably has nothing to do with iOS 4.0 and more to do with Google being overwhelmed.
- Update deletes all contacts, and backups will not restore them
- MMS no longer works
- Push notifications not functioning
- Auto-lock is set at one minute and the option to change this is greyed out
- Update fails and device reboots endlessly
Have you experienced any of these bugs? If so, then we’d love to hear from you. And while you’re at if, if you know any fixes, don’t be shy to help out your fellow man.
Thanks to all of our tipsters! More →