You waited, and waited for it, so we’re finally bringing it to you! Check out our hands-on video of Windows Mobile 6.1, where we take you through all the new features we’ve found so far. In case you forgot them, we’ve got ’em below!
- Copy / Paste (finally!)
- Domain Enroll in Settings (Enrolling in a domain will connect your device with company resources.)
- New home screen (pan left and right to check out missed calls, notifications like email, sms, etc.)
- Change Master Security Code
- Added text input settings
- Recent Programs when pressing Start menu
- Threaded SMS!
- When you compose an email, or SMS, and start typing the name of the contact in the “To:” field, the contact names finally pop up like Windows Mobile Professional!
- Internet Explorer now lets you define a homepage, and also zoom in and out using a nice and clean interface
- Task Manager now shows CPU usage as a whole, and also lists it by process
- Internet Explorer offers 6 zoom modes and copy / paste functionality
- IE also uses a new font, which looks worlds better
- ActiveSync will now try to automatically configure your Exchange settings once you enter an email address
- Wi-Fi indicator in the status bar, just as in Windows Mobile Professional
- New “Vista” home screen and theme
P.S. For anyone thinking on holding off on an AT&T Q9 because of the Wi-Fi version coming, remember that this device is running a non-AT&T OS, and although it is AT&T-branded hardware, it doesn’t mean AT&T has actually picked it up, nor do we have any launch indication or supposed release timeframe.